The What's cooking thread

You do know that food comes in other colour schemes too?

Had the misfortune to order this for the kid…

And yes, this monstrosity is a thing in India , not sure if it is there anywhere else.

Holy Fuck ! :face_vomiting:

Both been working quite a lot lately, so my wife ordered a few meals from one of those services where they just send you everything you need for dinner, you cook it, and the prep is minimal. The last couple have been surprisingly excellent.

One was chicken breast, with some sort of butter sauce, and it was delicious. The meals come with fresh veggies and salad, so they are quite healthy too.

Another was shrimp rolls, with potato wedges. The sauce that came to cook the shrimp in was to die for.

The portions are nice and tight too, so you eat a meal and there’s no leftovers or gorging yourself. This might become a thing for a few of our dinners each week.

Benefits of working from home. Fried eggs with bacon and cheddar on toast, topped with fresh chimichurri

Looks like something you’d find in the gutter outside The Sandon the morning after a match day.

can guarantee you that I don’t know the Sandon, but it tasted fantastic
fresh chimichurri
3/4c olive oil
1/4c red wine vinaigrette
1 sm sweet onion/shallot, chopped
2 clove garlic, minced
1/2c chopped cilantro
1/4c chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/4c chopped oregano

I added the flesh of one de-seeded red jalapeno for a little kick.

1 Like

What is that?

Looks like chicken breat with ham and cheese topping or am I mistaken?

1 Like

looks like a huge chicken nugget with pizza toppings. :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

It’s exactly that. Needless to say , it’s an idiotic choice.

All the more reason for me to skip kfc altogether.

If the kid wants nuggets or fried chicken etc etc and it’s a once in two months treat types, I’d rather make them myself.

And by making them , I mean getting minced chicken and then doing the entire thing… Not even wanting to go to the frozen chicken nugget aisle

My wife makes really nice chicken tenders/strips. Chicken breast cut into strips, coated in a spicy breadcrumb mix, and fried. Not the most healthy, but the teenage kids love them and it’s a nice family dinner from time to time and is much better than the likes of KFC.

2 Likes

Love watching the way this woman cooks food…
Plenty of choice videos - The Woman Lives In The Mountains

I’m seriously curious to know how those trout got into that pen, what they eat and who taught them this?

this is old-school shit right now and I’m fascinated by it.

From the beginning of the video it looks like a small water flow into and out of that pen to stop the water getting stagnant… How they got in there :man_shrugging:
Maybe they are caught in bulk at the river and the guy holds them there… feeding them steroids daily :0)

if there’s a hatchery system nearby, or he’s grabbing fry from the river in nets and transplanting them.

I fished a lake last May which was privately held, the owner used to pellet feed the fish from the dock and they were big trout

Haleem time again.

Spring break, lots of people out of town, we have to work most of the week but kids and wife are off today. So we declared it seafood day.

The main dish is going to be caldereta de langosta. We had this years ago in Menorca. It’s a tasty lobster stew, goes really well with crusty bread.

Get in my belly!

2 Likes

betcha there’s some butter in that dish. tasty

2 Likes

:nauseated_face: