The What's cooking thread

Worked late last night, called at the local balti and got a vindaloo. Oh the sting……

1 Like

We stopped off at an Indian restaurant near Jever in Friesland and had their version of a Vindaloo which was actually relatively mild. I think it was originally a Goan thing - what we know as a Vindaloo is quite different.

Then, of course, there is the Phall which I think was a bet by Bangladeshi waiters in Birmingham to see if they could make a Brummie spontaneously combust.

Vindaloo is moderately spicy. Not sure what’s being served in UK.

1 Like

Napalm.

You should’ve chucked it down the toilet and cut out the middle part.

He’s still have to wipe his arse with stinging nettles.

1 Like

Where’s the fun in that?

That’s what this bit means, back to school for you :wink:

currently have 11 jalapeno plants, three of which are producing red jalapeno

if you know, you know.

1 Like

Don’t forget the diapers!

obviously, you don’t know.

I use a mix of red and green jalapeno, no capsicum (bell pepper). white onion. just in time for Christmas.

my garden has a mix of habanero, scotch bonnet, mad hatters and cherry bomb peppers.

I grew ghost a few years ago. no point, too hot for cooking.

2 Likes

Sorry, no the second sentence references the first. The “that” is obviously mushy dried. And currently in school :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Restaurant sells £22 pie with chicken head poking out – and inside isn’t for squeamish

Fowl divided opinion by launching ‘Le Grand Coq’ pie for £22, which some say would “make them cry”. The menu item is packed with ingredients that aren’t for the squeamish

Fowl (London), is flogging ‘Le Grand Coq’ for £22, which is an offal-filled pie containing chicken hearts, livers and cockscomb plants.

It also has the bird’s wings, feet and head poking through the pastry – which has proven to be a controversial move for some.

If you’re keen to try the divisive menu items, head to St James’s Market just off Regent Street. It offers walk-ins only from Monday to Saturday between 12 and 11pm.

Nice! Just reading the Fellowship of the Ring to my 8 year old and will show him this.

1 Like

Messed up cooking, too hot :fire: and spicy.

3 Likes

Lime , curd , fried badam paste…

Anything will cut the heat… even a combination of curd and badam paste

Need to let the curry simmer some more after adding the paste though

Yes, but I got none of those. More importantly, it’s happening pretty often. Oh well, a bit of hot and spicy won’t kill anyone. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do tend to make those curries at times extra spicy. Having to sacrifice tastebuds for wifey and kid who can’t handle spice isn’t something that you can always do.

Sometimes , let the spice rip and if they don’t eat it , I’ve got my food made for a week.

[quote=“Iftikhar, post:850, topic:607, full:true”]

… and not an Aubergine in sight :laughing:

Wrong :blush:. The one on the right, in the bowl, is :eggplant:

2 Likes