The What's cooking thread

Always recommend to make it. Something like a chicken korma can be made with as little as 1/2 a kilo of meat and can probably be done in less than an hour.

About half an hour if you’ve got the fried onions handy.

And korma’s served in most Indian restaurants in India aren’t legit ones anyway so I wouldn’t be sure as to whether the ones in US do serve the actual ones.

Come on over. I will ensure you are treated like royalty. I’m pretty much the man everywhere here.

1 Like

if there’s one thing about Vancouver, is there’s a ton of decent Indian food here. the restaurant scene here is a melting pot of different communities.

1 Like

Yeah Vancouver is mini-punjab. My cousin based out there tells me that samosas are some of the most widely available snacks.

1 Like

US korma is the equivalent of Mumbai Manchurian

I refer to myself as sher e Punjab. So I’m going to visit @Semmy to see what’s up.

Korma isn’t a Punjabi dish though.

1 Like

I’d suggest having some Telugu foods if you guys want to go on a spice adventure.

Don’t blame me if you end up like @SBYM

1 Like

Food doesn’t increase immaturity

depends what part of the city you’re in…

1 Like

Can probably host the pan Asian games there.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry. I wanted to send you the vegetable soup considering you won’t be able to chew. How the hell did the shorma find its way to you :thinking:.

Vegetable Korma :rofl:

1 Like

There is an “Indian” food truck here called Ceylon Hut (dont @ me @Sithbare) that makes the most amazing hand held food but it’s difficult to track down. They just signed a contract to be a permanent vendor at the food truck hall just down the street from me so heading over there this evening for their first night

Winnie The Pooh GIF by Disney

3 Likes

Have their string-hoppers ( a sort of rice noodles) dish. Goes really well with a coconut based gravy.

1 Like

The two restaurants I go to are run by Indian families and seem to have a lot of Indian people eating there, which hopefully is a good sign.

Chicken Korma, garlic naan, pilau rice.

Bam. Job’s a good un and it’s a little taste of what I remember in the UK.

(Back in the UK I was getting into Balti dishes, there was something about the individual metal wok, and the tactile pleasure of tearing off some naan bread and getting stuck in. I haven’t found anything like that around here in Indianapolis/north suburbs).

1 Like

Day off today, going out for lunch with Mrs ROTW. We could do a nice place, but we are going for a guilty pleasure, on the recommendation of her brother. There is a Greek place that I haven’t been to, sort of a hole in the wall/dive, but apparently it has the best Gyros so that’s what we are going to do. Haven’t had anything like that in ages. And yes, I just did a preemptive 6k to start to get the blood pumping, as what I’m about to eat for lunch is not the healthiest choice!

I know how to show a woman a good time. Doner kebab. Get that down yer :joy:

If they dont have them Im going to cause a scene yelling “what sort of Indian place is this?” only for them to point to the sign and say “Sir, this is Ceylon Hut”.

1 Like

Another Lankan dish I like is called Lamprais. A rice based dish sort of like Nasi Lemak (if you are aware of Malay/Indonesian cuisines.

String hoppers are used both in Lankan as well as Tamil/Kerala cooking.

So if they don’t have them , probably go what sorta Lankan place is this.

anytime. we have a great food scene here.

about the only ethnicity we haven’t been able to find yet, is Laotian. But Japanese, Thai, Indian, Slavic, Carib, Texas BBQ, Belgian, steakhouse, seafood it’s all here. Big flavors seem to thrive here.

1 Like