The What's cooking thread

Mrs is traveling to Malta tomorrow for work for a week, so as a treat (to myself) I ordered a meal box for next week while she’s away.

there will be a dahl recipe coming in it, chickpeas I think.

2 Likes

What’s a Dahl ?

Scratch that , just checked.

Dahl is a name of an author, Dal is a lentil.

And it’s dead easy to make if you have a pressure cooker.

Soak dal.
Heat pressure cooker, add oil , add cumin, mustard seeds, green chillies garlic pods. Fry till aroma comes out.

Add onions, fry till translucent.

Add souring agent (optional) , but can be Tomatoes/tamarind paste. Cook till tomato is done.

Add dal. Salt to taste

Add water 3 parts water to 1 part Dal and then close lid.

Cook till 3 whistles

Heat frozen roti/naan

2 Likes

Seth Meyers Self Love GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

sacrilege!!

what’s a garlic pod?

For anyone who’s interested. Simple , nutritious , delicious. :slightly_smiling_face:

translation isn’t that great from fr. assuming 20cl is 200ml? 1 greek yoghurt doesn’t give a quantity. Looks delicious recipe though

Yes, get a grip.

Greek youarts come in a greek youart pot, it’s always the same size! :grin:
In any case all youart in europe comes from greece 125g of youart will do.

It’s just a soup spoon of natural yoghurt with some fresh coriander and lime to finish the dish. (It really complements it so don’t skip it.)

Making a spicy chicken korma right now

@Alright_Now_Legend

2 Likes

Wouldn’t a spicy korma be an oxymoron? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Please keep me posted. If you need my recipe, let me know.

I received a lot of caring messages asking about my post-cavity-fill health. I want to thank @Iftikhar for sending me home made shorma and vegetable korma with soft saffron rice and paneer. Other than water dribbling out of my mouth when I drink due to the anesthesia, I am recovering. I want to assure all of you that I will be back on Sunday! I would like to direct all attention away from myself and toward the ailing @SBYM.

1 Like

A korma can be spicy , medium or mild.

1 Like

I’ve got my 4-5 recipes of korma.

1 Like

@aussielad makes @PeachesEnRegalia look cultured

1 Like

That’s impossible.

3 Likes

A meat Korma basically means meat which is seared for a bit and then slow cooked/braised in a paste of fried onions (+thickening agents like cashews/coconut/almonds/water melon seeds) and yoghurt… And adequate water.

Thats the basic dish. Everything else are variants depending on location. Hyderabadi korma generally adds 2 out of poppy seeds , cashews and dried coconut.

1 Like

And there’s nothing called as veg korma just as there’s nothing called as veg biryani.

1 Like

Agreeance. I think @Iftikhar has duped me.

Decent Indian food is tricky to come by where I live. There are a couple of restaurants that I like, and usually I will go for a staple like Chicken Korma, and get the spice heat in the medium range.

1 Like