The What's cooking thread

My dentist says to avoid Turmeric as if it was the plague because it discolours teeth terribly

Iā€™ve been told similar by dentists: avoid black coffee, red wine, and Indian food.

Yeah, like that is going to happen. I end up paying the dentist to spruce up my gob with a Dremel every 6 months.

1 Like

The positives outweigh the negatives.

And how much turmeric do you keep anyway ?

If I took a liking to that drink recipe above, and started gulping it down daily, Iā€™m sure my Turmeric intake would go up a zillion percent :0)
Best to stay away me thinks

Tell him yellow teeth look better than black ones! :rofl:

Most soft drinks (thatā€™s what we call soda pop) in India is made with cane sugar. No wonder coke or the Indian equivalent of coke (thums up) tastes so much better here when compared to US.

1 Like

Greek yogurt, blueberries, pumpkin seed and flax. Healthy breakfast. Mrs ROTW has taken charge of meals, as we arenā€™t healthy enough (she is, but I have a lot more work to do to be in the same health vicinity.)

For the most part the kids are doing their own thing these days for meals, so she has decided to focus on the two of us, with a goal of getting us (mostly me) to eat much healthier. Itā€™s going to be more healthy green leaf, fruit, veg, whole grains, seeds, pulses, fish, chicken, not a lot of red meat, etc. All the usual stuff you might do if you ate healthily.

I doubt we will go completely tree-hugger, as itā€™s not in me to do that, but thereā€™s a lot of room for improvement and Iā€™m thankful for the better direction.

Flax in moderation I hope. I only take that stuff with my son around. He has the knack of spotting when I start turning green and need saving. :rofl:

Made ā€œtoad in the holeā€ last night in my cast iron. So gooooood.

3 Likes

:nauseated_face:

Had to check up what that recipe is.

Count me intrigued. What kind of sausages work best with that ?

I just used a style called ā€œEnglish bangerā€ which is what the book called for.

Lincolnshire or Cumberland would be best.

Nothing like ruining a 12 km run by hogging on a dish called mutton rara.

I vouch for this chef as far as Indian food is concerned.

1 Like

Or is it just preparing yourself for the mutton?

@ifthikar

An almost Bengali style chicken biryani.

Except the fact that couldnā€™t resist adding mint and coriander leaves , the hyderabadi influence there

2 Likes

Might give this a go next timeā€¦ Beans on (in) Toast, served in a bowlā€¦!

Why oh why ?

Made my first dahl last night , with butternut squash. Very nice too.

1 Like