The What's cooking thread

Or dont. It can add a nice nutty flavour

Note to self - never eat hand-tossed pizza in the UK

I make my own dough for pizzas. No tossing though, I just roll them out and pinch them. Make the pizza sauce with veggies from the garden but opt for store bought artichoke, prosciutto and boccocini.

Paul Hollywood likes semolina on his pizza bases

Uh Oh Reaction GIF

https://twitter.com/Human101Nature/status/1744086502420742380

once you see how it’s done, you’ll think about doing it.

Or, just buy a solo stove. there’s a bunch of these on the market now that aren’t so permanent. You won’t have to worry about rodents building nests in them and winterizing etc.

Leftover ham becomes the salty base for this breakfast

1 Like

I think I’ve found my kryptonite when it comes to dieting

Curry Puffs.

More flaky and crispy. Much more margarine in the dough.

Pretty unhealthy as well.

Absolutely no idea what that is.
Maybe a drink? A dessert? A form of marine transportation?

they make Diet Dr Pepper. FYI

An equally horrible cousin of coke + vanilla ice cream. That combo is called coke float.

Why Would You Do That Burnie Burns GIF by Rooster Teeth

Yeah calls into question the palate of the ol’ git and makes those expensive lunches questionable value!

My thoughts entirely.

Some top of the range grub being wasted on a person with the palate of a 13 year old.

Dr. Pepper is uniquely nasty too.

that shit they make now, yes. “back in the day” when all soda pop was made with cane sugar, it was a different drink altogether.

I feel sorry for the kids today that will never taste a real sarsaparilla

In a wholly different world where health matters here’s a turmeric latte

.25 - 0.5 tsp turmeric
,25 tsp ground ginger
.25 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp of Canada best export Maple syrup.

Big mug of oat milk, or almond milk.

Put it all in a saucepan and whisk until hot. Enjoy and a good way to warm up too.

2 Likes

The Indian version of that would be honey/sugar in place of maple syrup.

The ginger and cinnamon can be added to the milk in bigger pieces so that both of them infuse into the milk. Bring the milk to a boil , add sugar/honey and strain to remove the ginger and cinnamon

1 Like

Probably even nicer that way too. With my version you get a few bits in the bottom of the mug which isn’t great.

I could drink these all day to be honest but those calories would quickly mount up. I might try a water based version to see if I can get the calories down and not lose too much of the yumminess.