The What's cooking thread

Anthony Bourdain had also been there multiple times, and I much prefer him.

2 Likes

this is my local, been in business forever and makes the BEST cheesecakes EVER.

2 Likes

Bourdainā€™s show was better though. But Floyd simply massacred Indian cooking , Ramsay showed an inclination to learn.

I am no longer fasting for games. Seems to have stopped working anyway.

no idea who Floyd is. Ramsayā€™s just too arrogant of a person for me to appreciate his cooking. Iā€™d rather watch Jamie Oliver even though he doesnā€™t keep to the true of a particular cuisine.

Bourdain is a blue-collar chef who just appreciates food in all forms and I can relate to him more, especially his interest in the history and culture behind the region he is at. His love for street meat was fun to absorb.

Have all 13 seasons of his Parts Unknown series saved on a hard drive.

1 Like

Keith Floyd.

Jamieā€™s fallen into the trap of needing to put out cooking videos for the sake of it. Heā€™s clearly a very good cook but as audiences grow more and more knowledgeable about different cuisines and as more and more ingredients become all the more easily available, he needs to keep the nature of the cuisine in whatever dishes he prepares.

80ā€™s indian Cuisine in Britain must surely have sucked then.

And just checked Floydā€™s India was broadcast in 2000ā€™s.

I dare say heā€™s just a bit of a food hippie. have had a couple of his cookbooks and after perusing them I gave them away. Heā€™s probably done well enough for himself now he doesnā€™t really need to do anything, but just chooses to.

2 Likes

His restaurants are failing though.
But then itā€™s not as if Gordonā€™s are doing particularly great.

Did go to Vegas and had a Burger at his restaurant in Vegas. My colleagueā€™s back yard burgers were more well made.

Invaluable recipes in this monster of a cookbook

Indian restaurants were okay back then, but are far more authentic now. Floyd was aimed at people who cook at home.

1 Like

Lance Barber Comedy GIF by CBS

1 Like

I also spent $23 USD on a burger in Vegas and it was a polished turd on a stack of mushy fries. fucking garbage.

1 Like

Funny sorta burger that.

The meat was dry , the bread was soggy. Seasoning and Sauces not nearly enough for me to get down that much quantity of meat (I do eat meat but struggle to finish that in those quantities)

Was thinking it was probably me and my tastebuds , but was just overpriced mush. Fancy presentation but nothing else.

I bet Iā€™d be an amazing cook. Just too much work and I canā€™t follow directions as I like to add my own bits of ingenuity.

Geez, Iā€™m starting to sound like @SBYM.

I highly doubt that considering you were referring to a veg korma as a korma a while back.

1 Like

Howling. Leave me alone. Iā€™m hungry and my teeth hurt.

1 Like

Iā€™d suggest the indo-chinese abomination called American chopsuey.

1 Like

HOWLING!

This is your best post year to-date. Going to door dash some Panda Express and bill you for it.