The What's cooking thread

@Sithbare to complain about your spacing in 3, 2, 1…

1 Like

Have you got Adidas Flip Flops on there @Iftikhar - You sports star you :0)

2 Likes

Looks brilliant.

2 Likes

I’d prefer fasting than to taste your korma.

1 Like

You are the Indian @cynicaloldgit

2 Likes

I’m insulted.

2 Likes

As am I

3 Likes

Cynicaloldsith – Got a certain ring to it eh :0)

2 Likes

Not Sithbaregit?

4 Likes

Steak sandwich and a martini. Bloody lovely! Watched England lose, now it’s the Copa final with Argentina and Colombia.

Thinly sliced ribeye. Flash fry in heavy cast iron pan, pile it on there. In another pan sauté onions and mushrooms. Lightly toasted sourdough bread. Thin spread of garlic aioli.

Chilled martini glasses. Large olive, stuffed with blue cheese. Good gin, dry vermouth, tiny splash of olive brine.

Last day of vacation, back to work tomorrow.

1 Like

How to create the exact opposite effect, when advertising your product :0)

Almost about to start with constructing the outdoor Oven.

Anyone with experience here ? Or any useful youtube videos. I’ve seen loads of them but I’m having some doubts on whether the ovens work. They look good for sure.

Looking at a RCC base and then having refractory bricks / mortar lining the inside all over a bent metal sheet. The exteriors are left over AAC blocks. Also an outlet for the smoke.

1 Like

There is a guy not far from our lake house who does masonry stoves, many of which include ovens for cooking. His core business is building home heating using wood, but your design problem is a much easier version of some of the same challenges (his systems are indoors, and heat distribution is a key point). The website is very dated, but the knowledge is proven.

http://www.heatkit.com/html/bakeoven.htm

1 Like

This is one design I’m looking at.

I’ll have to use refractory bricks for the inside though. The normal claybricks available in India are won’t be able to sustain the heat.

Also there are quite a lot of AAC blocks left over and those have to be used for the exteriors.

Pretty sure there would be RCC requirements which aren’t used in this video’s. For the base atleast.

The problems with these videos seem to be that the oven seems to be made without looking at the material strength.

You are so much talk.

Some good ideas here…

2 Likes

I act as well too.
When it’s in my interest.

1 Like

Everyday I grow more convinced you are the Indian Cynnie and it’s really worrying for many reasons.

Don’t flatter him.

1 Like

The insult notwithstanding.

Flattery gets him nowhere

1 Like