Thiago ALCANTARA: 2020/21

Without Hendo fit it is a bit of a concern for me. Fab seemed to have it covered so not a disaster!

This is what we have become. When a world class midfielder is unavailable for weeks, we say, meh :innocent:

9 Likes

I say another one made of glass. Wrap them up in cotton wool. I swear nobody touched him and heā€™s out 2weeks. :cry:

Well, I donā€™t think this is worrying (for now). He had a much longer season than our boys (CL!), a very short break and no pre season with us tbf.

I think his body has to adapt to Kloppā€™s training regime first ā€¦ Letā€™s just give him some time.

17 Likes

I donā€™t think its worrying, weā€™ve managed through the Arsenal game without him
Likelyhood is that he wouldnā€™t of played the League Cup game
Meaning just the Villa game to get through now
And the international break, which should see him and Hendo back and training hopefully ready to go again, when weā€™ll really need them with Champions League midweek games

Disappointed to be honest. Iā€™m unable to continue with my Thiago love in. Iā€™d honestly want to see him play every week.

But the way the lads played last night against Arsenal I am not in the slightest bit worried. There was a really good midfield balance last night

At this stage Thiago is a ā€˜nice to haveā€™ rather than essential so Iā€™m not concerned about his absence. Our midfield was excellent last night even without him and Henderson. Plenty of time to get him properly fit and integrated.

6 Likes

I do feel he and/or hendo would help us out during our ā€˜sloppyā€™ moments. :wink:

1 Like

It looks as if the competition is really good. Midfield 3 played very well last night

1 Like

Yeah I thought the same. Keita getting a run in the team is great, he starts to show his full value for us. Fingers crossed that he can stay fit. :crossed_fingers: Gini was reliable and combative as ever, and Fabinho has discovered a new freshness and bite, no doubt also due to the added competition.

We are in a great position to attack trophies this season if we can keep Gini. Iā€™d be a little bit concerned if he left though, purely because he is made out of steel and the ever-available option for us in midfield.

4 Likes

Tested positive for Covid. Get well soon.

2 Likes

Looks like the Covid rumours were true:

Not indication as to how serious it is. Assuming that the ā€œout till Evertonā€ schedule indicates mild but infectious.

1 Like

No, just the rules about self-isolating combined with the international break. Are internationals still going ahead?

1 Like

Actually positive news, itā€™s not an injury! :joy:

He said he was still in the shape from the end of season with Bayern, a little break might be good for him. It was probably always going to happen, us giving him at least 10-15 days to catch a breather, maybe if he would be carrying a niggle or being close to the ā€œredā€ zone.

Leave him until the end of the international break and then letā€™s go.

10 Likes

Madness if they are.

So yes then.

9 Likes

Letā€™s hope he hasnā€™t infected the rest of the squad. I presume his test was carried out several days ago.

Was he this infection prone at Bayern?

12 Likes

Itā€™s a good point. I note too that Tsimikas has barely played a minute of PL football, the workshy layabout.

I guess the big questions are how he caught it and has he passed it on to others in the squad.

Part of the risk with transfers this year I suppose.

2 Likes

Everyone is making such a big deal out of COVID. Wait until RAGE gets out.

5 Likes