Thiago ALCANTARA: 2020/21

This will be happening all season so we best get used to it. Just hope he’s OK and gets over it with no longer term issues.

2 Likes

"Why was the result made public?

Liverpool’s policy throughout the pandemic has been to protect the medical confidentiality of their players. However, if an individual wanted to make the results public they would facilitate that, as was the case with Thiago.

“It is the choice of each individual whether they reveal publicly the outcome of a COVID-19 test," club doctor Dr Jim Moxon said in a statement.

“We have followed all the protocols to the letter and Thiago is OK."

3 Likes

Seems he has no symptoms like King Kenny.

For most it will be mild but yeah can’t take the risk sometimes.

1 Like

I could imagine the other Dr Jim (Moxon) has his hands well and figuratively full with virus speed test samples right now…Unenviable fellow fulfilling a crucial role.

He can relax and watch us dismantal teams without him so when he plays he know the levels he’s up against,he’ll enjoy watching us regardless.

2 Likes

Shit fucking virus.

1 Like

Would be nice to know how he got it, not that we will.

As I said elsewhere he probably is taking more of a risk than a player who is settled at his home.

He will be moving stuff and moving in somewhere new and potentially taking in the area, unless he is still in a hotel.

The fact is Liverpool is also a hotspot at the moment.

1 Like

Hot spot of footballing greatness

Get well soon Thiago. Glad it’s not an injury but still can’t be nice for him or his family, moving to a new country and getting this bloody virus.

It’s very difficult at the moment to see an end to this.

1 Like

Get well soon, Thiago. Looking forward to see you display your magic after the international break!

Yeah, welcome Thiago. Got it in the waiting room at Dr Jim’s practice, probably.

According to the Premier League’s COVID protocol the Chelsea players should now self isolate having played against Thiago the previous weekend, but as none of them got anywhere near him officials have told them not to bother.

12 Likes

I can see another break in the season coming up. Wasn’t there like 7000 positive test yesterday in England.

2 Likes

Thankfully though still a tiny number among Prem clubs.

I feel it took a break due to the protocols not being in place (and high death toll) though I would expect to see more enforcement of them. Thankfully it’s been few and I think clubs will start to reimplement a lot that had gone to some wayside, might see the return of the dreaded drinks break but if there is another way of doing it, that would be good.

It might be more like Baseball in the Summer in America that was taking place in a bubble/none bubble environment, it did get off to a rocky road but did settle, I can see European and international matches being curtailed mind.

1 Like

looks like he´s back now…

7 Likes
10 Likes

Excellent to see

I agree, they both play in a similar role but as you say they are completely different players, so yes comparisons can be made, but they are likely irrelevant.
I am not responding directly to your post, merely piggy backing on it as i agree with your post.
The way I look at a players worth is 3 pronged. So firstly the benefit towards the team in terms of game play/technique, Secondly teamsman-ship in that you never stop running, believing, encouraging. Thirdly, humility, so basically being grounded and aware/respectful that life for many is hard and that people look up-to them as role models.
We are fortunate that under Klopp’s management and Edward’s stewardship the squad had been built on players who echo this ethos. That is the root of our success! And something we should look to build on.

But, to go back to the original point and agreeing with you, a players influence is not down to skill alone, a player like Henderson is a captain for a reason, it doesn’t mean he is the worlds best player In terms of ability but he is a player who organises, reads the game and has the respect of the squad.

Thiago is a great player and hopefully will take us to another level, but his skill set doesn’t make him more or less than important to the team.

4 Likes