Thiago ALCANTARA: 2020/21

There is a new video available on LFC inside training. Right at the end he controles a ball with outside of his right foot half behind him, unreal.

2 Likes

The way he also just casually drops the water bottle and it lands upright… :star_struck:

9 Likes

I’d pay a ticket just to watch this guy warm up with the ball.

:heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Really want him ready for the derby!

4 Likes

The look on Milners face, priceless.

2 Likes

Me these days after literally anything Thiago does.

He’s ours!!!

5 Likes

Same for me. He’s absolutely spectacular! :+1:t2:

1 Like

I think he’ll be really good for us but he can fuck right off if he wants me to kiss his arse

1 Like
4 Likes

Let’s go to work. :sunglasses::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Get in the derby first Thiago :rofl:

2 Likes

Thiago will be immense for us but I don’t agree that he should have started today.

He is great with the ball at his feet and when we have lots of possession. Great player against bus parking sides.

But in a physical midfield battle with high intensity it should have been Milner or Wijnaldum today.

1 Like

I see your logic, but three players we had out today totally controlled midfield.

3 Likes

Controlled midfield but didn’t control the game. Didn’t push them into their own half enough. Considering what is happening at our back that is exactly what we need right now. Keep them away from our goal.

I think Alcantara played well. I would have preferred Wijnaldum over Fabinho. Not that Fabinho played badly, but I feel Wijnaldum was fresher than him.

2 Likes

Would be surprised if that was so, Wijnaldum played 245 minutes in 3 matches for Holland, Fabinho played 0 minutes for Brazil last week.

2 Likes

He grew into the game. Quiet for a while, seemed to drop a bit deeper second half and started dominating. The pass for the disallowed goal was different class.

The right decision to start him and the right decision to keep him on for me.

9 Likes

On what basis? Gini played past both games 90 minutes for Netherlands. Whereas Fab didn’t for the past two games for Brazil in this break as far as I know.

2 Likes

Yeah, a lower start to the game, he wasn’t visible enough. Also lost one or two easy balls, one of which I think led to Gomez not pressuring Calvert-Lewin and that corner from which we conceded the first goal. But definitely improved as the game went on. I’d agree it was right to start him, he knows James from Bayern and was basically playing in his zone, since James plays more as a right sided #10. However, I thought Fabinho wouldn’t start and I still fully expected Gini to start (with Hendo at the base). Maybe all those minutes for Holland paid it’s price.

2 Likes