Thiago ALCANTARA: 2020/21

However, I thought Fabinho wouldn’t start and I still fully expected Gini to start (with Hendo at the base).

saw the #s recently, and our results are markedly better with hendo as the #6

but i think his individual performances as one of the #8s have been superb over the last 18 months or so, and would prefer thiago deepest with hendo on the right and gini/keita on the left, if i personally had to choose from among those players

1 Like
8 Likes

Thiago was class today, that’s why Ancellotti tried to have him assassinated by his dogs of war!!

3 Likes

Hopefully his isn’t so serious, we can probably cope considering we may have to put Fabinho at the back but we can’t be losing any other guy for a long spell, week or two is fine

Think we are going to see a lot of position changes and our tactical approach. Jones may start featuring more, and Taki and maybe Shaqs as well while we have Gini, Hendo, Keita, Milly for those mid 2 spots. Fab as back up for CB position. We still are good depth wise, but there will need to be an incredible step up needed from all lads now.

2 Likes

We can be ok and ride through this but a third world class player being lost will damage us a lot.

It’s the quality stepping in for us, you lose VVD and that will hurt but you bring quality in elsewhere you might be ok.

If we lose VVD and that quality isn’t elsewhere then we are in danger. We’ve had a tough start and maybe Becker will be back for the next set of tough games.

Effectively we need to start limiting chances, Everton did have a few today and scored two if you limit we should get through. The defence is good enough to see us through especially with Becker

1 Like

Hey what’s the matter??? Thiago was alright, he played the whole game, even after being hacked by the hag.

He wend to the hospital for a scan of his knee too.

1 Like

Said to Klopp he may have felt an injury, I guess that’s why he went for a scan.

Hopefully his case is more precaution.

On a sidenote, to the doctors and medical practitioners here, isn’t there a downside to having so many scans.

I mean, I have been present in the scan room (one CT and one MRI) during couple of scans for my relatives and on both the occasions I was made to wear this heavy leathery jacket to apparently protect me from radiation.

CT scan uses radiation at a higher dose than regular xrays but unless it’s constant you should be fine. MRI uses magnets and not radiation so is considered safer and it shows everything better than a CT.

5 Likes

For the Cruciate Ligament an MRI scan is the best. It gives an accurate diagnosis of the extent of ligament tear along with other side injuries to the knee. I had it done twice for both my ACL tears. For the first one it also detected a tear in the meniscus. It’s a very safe scan. No idea about CT but I doubt it would be used for an ACL injury. For both ACL injuries I was referred to a sports injury clinic frequented by athletes from Sports Authority of India and I don’t remember anyone carrying a CT scan report for ACL (I had met around 5-6 injured players at the clinic).

2 Likes

There is the risk of excessive radiation, and resultant cancer risk, of getting multiple CTs - the risk of a single or a few CTs is still thought to be small.

The players aren’t getting CTs for these injuries though. They are getting MRIs.

There are no known risks of multiple MRIs because they don’t use radiation.

3 Likes

The pass in itself isn’t uncommon, it’s a nice space and good players spot and pass these easily. It’s the disguise which for me is what Thiago is absolutely genius in. He knows the field and the players very well, and this is just his first full game for this side. Just World class!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Okay? Clearly limping!!!

He will probably be wearing a bandage, hence the slight limp. But at least no crutches.

2 Likes

That is definitely Spire Hospital in Mossley Hill. He’s not exactly punching the air in joy is he?

7 Likes
4 Likes