Thiago ALCANTARA: 2021/22

He’s going to need to have a storming 2H of the season otherwise think we’ll need to replace. Shit we will need to be heavy in the market in the summer just when Newcastle will be inflating everything.

1 Like

He’s a slow healer. He wasn’t fit last season. Even when he played he said he was playing through pain and it’s not all linked to the Richarlison injury. He had a niggling hamstring. Now this injury. He’s barely been fully fit since we bought him.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/thiago-explains-injury-issue-that-has-held-him-back-at-liverpool-/625i76489syg1ab5sruv4lgqp

Ahhhh memories. my first car was a 1973 MGB, my dad found it for me as a project and we worked on it for 6 months in the garage before I got my license at 16. learned basic mechanics and car maintenance, Lucas wiring (shudder :money_mouth_face:) and to never touch dual-carb engines again.

Had that car for 3 years (and many a date) until I parked it right outside a bar close to home and a brawl occured near the entrance. Bouncers got involved, (this was a smaller town at the time, so the doormen were always protective of the local ladies) and some fella from across the river got thrown right on top of my soft-top. trashed the roof, mangled the frame, blood leaking down inside the carpet and upholstery and it started pouring rain about an hour later while the police were still on scene taking reports. by the time I got it home, I had puddles in the floorboards and the battery compartment, and I couldn’t get the tarp I put over it to drain the water away in the middle of the night so I ended up with a swimming pool inside.

Ended up selling the car for 4X what I paid for it, but was sad to see it go.

Anyways…Thanks for the memory.

First cars are like a first crush eh… You never forget them :0)

Knew a guy once that bought a new car after struggling with numerous ‘old bangers’ for many years. Nicest feller you could ever meet, and as he had just finished his Eng. apprenticeship, meaning he went onto full money, he took out a loan to get a car that went with his new found status of being a Full Tradesman…! Yeah that’s the way it was back then eh.
Anyway, bought and registered in his dads name so the insurance costs were lower, this was a four door instead of a two, and a fair bit bigger in length and width than what he was normally used to…
So, sods law, within no more than a fortnight, taking a left-hand turning he clipped a cyclist; no wing mirrors either on some cars in the day; which caused them to go careering into and over the pavement ending up flat on their back with the bike looking a bit worse for wear. He stops, jumps out, looks at his ‘new’ car for any damage, then runs to this cyclist.
Turns out it was a girl of about 25yrs old, no cycling helmets back then, and he said it was obvious she had banged the back of her head quite hard as she lay there on her back. She appeared a touch dazed and was constantly grimacing with the obvious pain she was in. As he was kneeling down leaning over her, and concerned people started to gather round offering words of comfort, ringing for an ambulance on seeing evidence of blood and shock etc… it began to rain, and rain quite heavily!
Like I said, he was a nice enough guy, and not wanting for her to remain prostrate on the wet pavement, he encouraged her, with some help from the small crowd, and hoisted her into the passenger seat of this ‘new’ car, so he could run the engine and put the heater on, make her comfortable until this ambulance arrived.
Not sure if it was procedure when an ambulance is called to a traffic accident, that the police were also called as a given, same for the fire brigade also. So the police arrive a few minutes before the ambulance, assessing the situation, as they do… fire engine arrives, then all kinds of bedlam broke out. This lad said he got ‘bollocked’ like never before in his life from everyone… the medical crew/ firemen/police and even some rubber necker’s within the crowd were jeering him… All because the news spread he had moved the girl into his car, and now the medical crew refused to bundle her exit out of the car door in the same way she was bundled in… in case she had a spinal or neck injury of any sorts.
He said that was it… he thinking he would be praised as the good Samaritan after the crash, instead they made him feel like a right twat for being such a knob in them circumstances… He thinks more to teach him a lesson, than anything else… the Firemen proceeded to cut through the four upright door stanchions with some bolt cutter things in order to lift the entire roof off the car. Apparently, because it was safer to lift the girl out through the roof space and in that manner than any other way…!!!
The girl went in the ambulance off to get checked out, the police refused to let him drive the car home in that condition, so cost of tow-truck was added to his bill, along with the insurance company refusing to pay out his loss because he had instigated the damage caused…!!
Three weeks later he turns up to work in another ‘Old Banger’ :0)
Cars eh… tell some stories they can

Meh, I liked the one with monkeys.

Ok ok ok. For us he is NOT an injury prone player. Just missing many games.

But throughout his career since 2009 he was. Injury prone when he was young. Injury prone when he was in his prime. Injury prone when he played in leagues with lesser intensity. Injury prone when he played in leagues with lesser games and lesser competitions.

But for us he is not injury prone. Just missing many games.

Surely there there will be lesser injuries the older he gets - not!!!

1 Like

Hopefully he will be available till the winter break. Is that too much to hope for?

Winter break, what winter break?

PL has a two-week winter break. We don’t have any games between Jan 2 and 16 :grin:

FA Cup weekend.

Edit: possible midweek League Cup game the midweek after that too. If get past quarters.

1 Like

What @AnfieldRdDreamer said, there is no winter break this season, sorry.

1 Like

Given who we usually play in such rounds, it effectively is a winter break…

Ill be honest and say id move him on in the summer.
i just dont think he will ever come good for us.

3 Likes

I think he will.
Quality doesn’t diminish

1 Like

I dont doubt his quality. I just think this league it too quick for him.
His game is his passing and so far this season its been off. I can name 3 times he has come on, given the ball away in a dangerous area and they have nearly scored - Palace, Madrid and West Ham.
Unfortunately if his passing is off he is bringing nothing as he isnt fast, cant tackle and isnt great in the air.

I just think he came to this league a little too late.

5 Likes

The league isn’t too quick for him. He just needs playing time to get back into rhythm. He went through the same thing last season after his long-term injury. He was being questioned then as well but once he got up to speed he was instrumental to the run-in.

7 Likes

He’s actually very good with his tackling success rate and surprisingly good at winning aerial duels. As is often the case though people remember specific examples and any time they see something that confirms their opinion see it as confirmation of their preset stance.

3 Likes

It’s frustrating that he have managed less than 2500 mins at Liverpool. He needs consistent games, but can’t stay fit long enough to do that. Any idea what’s longest spell?

1 Like

I think my feelings on Thiago are like other people’s feeling on Keita.

I’m just disappointed in what we have got from him. We brought him in as one of the best midfielders in the world and so far he’s kind of existing whenever he plays.

4 Likes

Yes to be fair, he has not exactly shown anywhere near to his world class reputation for us in most of the matches he played…although it has been stop start but you would expect alot better from him. Again, I don’t think we will look to move him on unless he wants to go himself…