Thiago Alcantara (CM) Bayern Munich

How the fuck do you quote on this?

We pulled out of the Fekir deal, VvD now plays for us and were we ever even in for Gotze?

2 Likes

Either highlight the text you wish to quote, or press tge speech bubble in the reply box

3 Likes

Took me a while and I’m supposed to be some kind of IT wizard…

2 Likes

Whereas I got it straight away and I’m an old git. :thinking:

Back on topic: I can’t see how we don’t have the up front €30m available but I fully understand how the club are not willing to spend that sum plus agents’ fees and Thiago’s wages in the current economic climate.

6 Likes

Are we sure this isn’t happening? My impression was that we’re waiting for clarity concerning the situation with Wijnaldum, Grujic, Wilson, etc. – not necessarily in the sense of having the raise the cash to pay for Thiago, but still with an eye to the financial health of the club.

I still think Thiago happens. I also still think some part of this is getting Bayern to blink.

Edit: An interpretation perhaps (slightly?) born out by the tweet @Kopstar posted?

5 Likes

Just hope this gets done,it is dragging on a bit!

I think the frustration is that £29m won’t skint the club.
His wages are covered by Lallana and Lovren departure.
There’s a game every few days and with Shaq, Keita and Ox being injury Prone he is needed.

I don’t expect us to buy mmmbop for £200m but a world class player for £29m should be more than affordable.

3 Likes

So who called HFT in the Thiago thread calling out mods for being koolaid drinkers? Think that was 14-1.

It’s strange. The main purpose of the invitations are that users are able to keep their username. In your case you’ve kept your avatar and talked about the change to your username. In most cases where users have changed their username it’s still obvious who they were on TIA. I genuinely have no idea which non-banned poster sgs was on TIA.

Edit: It appears that there was/is an sgs on TIA, I just didn’t remember any posts from them…

4 Likes

I have finally added an avatar after years of wondering how to do it - When I was transferred over from TIA I was able to choose my squad number and an avatar. The signing on bonus was very very useful as well. What are you going to do with your cash? I have my eye on a new car.

7 Likes

Where’s my signing on bonus, John?

5 Likes

Hasn’t cleared your account either yet? Any day soon I’m sure. And apparently if we wire money to a certain Cayman account (Trustees for the Scott.Jones swear jar fund) first then that will speed things along.

3 Likes

That page is comedy gold on TIA - get in quick before it all disappears.

My two favourites were:

1. “If Liverpool sell Coutinho, personally I’m out. As a serious fan, and I’ve been one since the 70s, I’m out… Don’t get me wrong, I understand the business side of the game. But the biz side is supposed to enhance the footballing side, and my question is- where is the football?” - Aug 2017

2. “Everybody talks about transfer windows when you bring up our failings on the field. As the manager himself says, the solutions are often on the training side of things.” - Oct 2017

:rofl: oh the irony.

6 Likes

You’re being very kind to not quote the constant criticism he directed towards Klopp, even suggesting he should go on a number of occasions in his first three years.

Even in that second quote he goes on to say,

So what is unrealistic about expecting a manager to find solutions to tactical issues on the field? What else is he there for?

Klopp has had enough time to fix the basic weaknesses of this team.

Here’s another beaut:

Its not about transfer windows. WTF can’t folks get it?

You hire a manager to find solutions. There are 18yr old CBs starting in serie A.

Why cannot Jurgen Klopp find solutions? Its nearly 3 years FFS!!!

Even retarded managers like Dysche are finding solutions in their own way. Why cannot Klopp find his solution, instead of merely cheerleading!!!

October 2017 (2 years after Klopp’s appointment)

4 Likes

Yes, the condescension is eerily similar of a certain poster…

I think this will get done before the window shuts and Gini will stay as well.

4 Likes

Jan 28, 2018 Ouch, this aged well!

A lot on here have misjudged the full impact of selling Coutinho at the time we did. Like I said two weeks ago, this is a case of self inflicted sabotage. I pray I’m wrong, but I expect us to next exit the CL. And then face a huge, huge battle for 4th place.

On Coutinho sale -

I am on record here as asking for a full explanation as to the reasoning behind the decision, not willy nilly accepting it.

My take is that there is a general lack of ruthlessness in the club, esp with Klopp. I am quite convinced the decision to sell came down to him. And his decision was based on his humane approach to the game in general, which is refreshing on one hand, but frustrating for a fan…

Monaco will not consider a Jan sale. Leipzig will not consider a Jan sale either…Yet LFC would! How is it these clubs do not have the fear of a disgruntled player in their ranks? Do u think this would’ve happened at Chelsea our Conte would’ve sanctioned such a move?
Too many fansy pansy peeps at the helm in the club…

Klopp’s statements on the txfer are not nearly enough. The fans need an explanation why it was necessary to sell him now.

Yeah, am out of this argument, trying to explain! :raising_hand_man:t3:

1 Like

@Klopptimist I 've just changed my avatar for the new site, just noticed yours!

1 Like

The club have renewed, and are renewing contracts that will eat up any saving from Lallana etc.

We may be faced with paying wages to Grujic and other players who went on loan last season.

The club are prioritising a wide forward and CB ahead of Thiago - so his costs have to be added onto those.

The club before player sales basically breaks even, so any additional costs risk pushing us into a loss and impacts our ability to spend properly on the upcoming squad rebuild.

In addition to the above, our income is probably down because of Covid.

4 Likes

Maybe we’ll get Alcantara in January on a pre agreement contract.

2 Likes