Thiago Alcantara (CM) Bayern Munich

And I just got logged out due to extreme load. Youz better sort it out before the Mbappé signing eh?

Kisses :slight_smile: More kisses and 20 characters.

Wow
Here you go
Always though we would sign him after Klopp’s interview the other day
So happy
Welcome to LFC
Looking forward to the first signing in this new forum and a new Welcome Thread

3 Likes

Thiago,Mini,Mane,Mo,doesn’t sound as good as Gini,Mini,Mane,Mo.
Maybe that’s why we pondered for so long.

7 Likes

Think we should all chuck ÂŁ10 into the meter, keep the bandwidth up :slight_smile:

1 Like

They will look to sign him regardless of another midfielder leaving.

Ha! :eyes:

7 Likes

FSGOut community in tatters.

8 Likes

Ill wait for the medical to be fully convinced this is happening. Got to say , when Pearce came out in full force announcing this , I was surprised, lol

3 Likes

From TIA on the 4th of July by yours truly:

''It wouldn’t surprise me if we deviated from our usual age bracket when it comes to signings in the next season or two; we have a complete first XI and a good squad so having won the CL, Super Cup, World Club Cup, the Premier League and with Klopp signed to 2024 it could be possible (not saying it will happen) that a few older and quality players might arrive for 2021/22 and 2022/23 on shorter term but lucrative contracts in line with our higher earners to keep us winning with a rebuild in mind for 2023/24.

At the moment Klopp is here for only the next three seasons and I am sure he, the owners, his backroom staff and the current squad would like to maximise that time to its full extent while also keeping an eye out for the future. Thiago, for instance, simply does not fit the bill for where we were but for where we are right now it does make a bit of sense.’’

Teach you all to disregard my sage wisdom, wot?

11 Likes

Just what I was thinking.

2 Likes

James Pearce, Liverpool reporter: Given that he is 29 and will command big wages, it is a deal out of keeping with Liverpool’s usual transfer policy of investing in young talent. But the relatively low fee given his contractual situation meant Liverpool ultimately decided he was worth making an exception for.

5 Likes

Bah, it’s his number and he’s Mazinho’s son in my book! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Left side of our team is amazing now.

Virgil, Robbo, Thiago, Mane.

That’s possibly the best mix in the world at the moment right there.

7 Likes

SHOULD HAVE BEEN SIGNED BEFORE THE LEEDS GAME. OUR GD IS ONLY +1 AND THE LEAGUE DEFENCE IS IN THE BALANCE. DISGRACEFUL FOR A CLUB LIKE LIVERPOOL #FSGOUT

9 Likes

Just heard a snippet on German radio that Thiago will be unavailable for tomorrow’s opening Budesliga game with MĂŒnchen as this move is imminent. Then again, it was Radio Bob and if they are to be believed Led Zeppelin will be doing a world tour next year.

1 Like

They will be outside on JW Henrys porch in the morning for this insolence I tells ya ,lol

1 Like

10 Likes

What’s AOC’s prognosis of a return from injury? If it looks like January that he could be match fit at the earliest we just won’t register him. Gives us a few extra months. Trying to find out what the new deadline for registering PL squads is, anyone know?

2 Likes

His nickname shall be Kool aid.

12 Likes

I doubt we’ll see much movement out other than those that were loaned out last season. The schedule this season really is hectic, having a bigger squad than normal will be necessary to compete on multiple fronts. Still think the likes of Ox, Milner and Shaq could potentially be getting a decent amount of game time despite being well down the pecking order.

1 Like