Thiago Alcantara (CM) Bayern Munich

I get the feeling that there are going to be times over the next few weeks that Thiago will do something in training and the other lads will just stop and applause.

He is that much of a baller.

3 Likes

It is a godsend for everyone, but especially for our younger ones like Trent, Curtis etc, there is sure to be a lot to watch and learn.

4 Likes
3 Likes

If you’re going to play with a double pivot, if you want to control games rather than being reactive, it is important you have at least one player who can dictate the play with his ability to get on the ball and pass. For all the varied strengths of our midfielders, I dont think that really applies to any of them. Thiago is possibly the best in the world at doing it.

I suspect we might be moving more to that sort of shape this season in an attempt to better deal with sides who want to just sit in and defend against us, and if we’re going to do that then having someone who can QB that approach makes sense.

12 Likes

Completely agree start to finish. Great post @Limiescouse

Bang on

Imagine having a 4-2-3-1 where we want to control the game with a double pivot

A midfield double pivot of Henderson/Fabinho & Thiago with Keita further upfront. That could be very very tough for the opposition to handle.

1 Like

What a treat this is going to be
player is so tough as well, and has this Xavi-esque effortlessness about him. Frees up the midfield for options, keep the opponents guessing, allows Keita to attack from further up the field, its just a brilliant all round move of the ilk of when we acquired Alonso.

3 Likes

Yeah, not sure if it’s a psychological thing or something
 while being fully aware that he is confirmed world-class, it was for me too one with positives and negatives, and quite a shoulder shrugging one: if he comes, great, if not, doesn’t matter.

Now, I’m absolutely frothing at the mouth to see him play in a proper red shirt. And the realisation that we could very well keep Gini on top of that makes it even sweeter.

If that isn’t strengthening from a position of strength, then I don’t know what is.

7 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but I think Wijnaldum and Thiago would be a great pivot.

3 Likes

The convo between Thiago and Phil would have been like this

Thiago - How was it playing for Liverpool and How’s Klopp as a manager ?
Phil - between tears , The worst decision I made was leaving them.
Thiago - That’s my future sorted then.

12 Likes

Same here. Luxury signing, but not at a luxury price. Fantastic that the club is at a position now where it is able do that.

3 Likes

Still waiting for the lean, I’m getting impatient.

18 Likes

Goosebumps :grinning:

2 Likes
5 Likes

The lean is defo a thing of the past

Shirt looks Boss on him

13 Likes
1 Like

Looking at the pic, that shirt is starting to grow even on me! :star_struck: