Thiago Alcantara (CM) Bayern Munich

I could care less about either club. They, and others of their ilk, must accept the consequences of their decisions / actions & I would remain unmoved by their demise.

Whereas I Love Liverpool. I care deeply about our fortunes. Now is not the time to be anything other than prudent.

2 Likes

Ermmā€¦ I am confused. Every buyer faces the same condition, but every seller faces different than the buyers?

1 Like

Yes, there are differences. You have brought up Bayern for example who are the strongest team in Germany by far, allowing them not only to guarantee qualification for CL, but pretty much nailed on to win their league each year, meaning their income stream is much more stable than ours. They generate far higher income than us and have turned a profit for 27 consecutive years. They earn nearly double the commercial revenue we do, and I think their wages are around 48% of turnover compared to our 58%

3 Likes

Wait, are you saying a season winning the European Cup is now considered not good enough?

Only if you donā€™t spend

4 Likes

Iā€™m disappointed the transfer window closed without spendingā€¦

ā€¦Iā€™m also alarmed that I missed about 3 weeks of my life and its suddenly mid october.

10 Likes

Yep, seems about right.

That is my biggest worry to lose both and be left empty handed?

2 Likes

For me this transfer rumour is starting to feel like all the others over the years that never got done

Eg - Fekir

And??? Any other recent examples?

3 Likes

You used the expression ā€œdrink the kool aidā€ and now seek to pretend you meant something other than what it actually means.

Is this contortion a deliberate attempt to distract from the fact you have not yet set out what you want the club to do, why, how it would pay for it, why you think thatā€™s a good idea, why the risks identified by the club arenā€™t realā€¦etc, etc

Iā€™d be interested in reading your reasoned argumentsā€¦

3 Likes

Reasonedā€¦good luck with that mate.

2 Likes

That can be avoided without too much difficulty.

2 Likes

I have this argument many times.
If you ask me, I would give away Karius. Not even a can of coke or a packet of crisps needed. Fully free.

4 Likes

Hell yeah. It saves Ā£5 millions in wages. :blush:

Not even salt and vinegar?

You seem confused. You asked a question about Grulic et alā€¦

I have; repeatedlyā€¦And you would see it if you were not so focused on impugning my motives on terms I usedā€¦

No, i didnt. Iā€™m not @Mascot

I must have missed it. Weird that you wouldnā€™t humour me by setting it out again or even pointing me to where it can be found. I thought you were bored of the pointless back and forth that youā€™ve now continued?

If you want reasoned discussion, as you say, then stop obfuscating and set out your arguments.

2 Likes