Thiago Alcántara - Welcome to Liverpool

That’ll do for the week.

Sarr can wait til Monday.

7 Likes

We’ve got the best midfield in the world!!! :partying_face:

1 Like

7 Likes

Fucking awesome. Should be transformative to the way we’re able to play, even if he’s not playing every game. I think we’ve become a bit over-reliant on our fullbacks and teams that are able to press us in wide areas and shut down our fullback play (not easy, not common, but it happens) can stifle our creativity. This gives us a whole lot more creativity and threat through the middle, which should make it even harder for teams to nullify our fullbacks.

Wonder what our first choice midfield is now? So many great players who have, at times, been automatic names on the team sheet. Fabinho probably the casualty as he dropped off the second half of last season. Hendo too consistent and crucial to the way we play, Gini so long the glue that holds us together. I’d imagine for all games they’re healthy Henderson and Thiago will play and we’ll see Gini, Keita, Fabinho, and Milner shuffled through. Ox to be a midfield sub for more attacking impetus or get more game time in wide areas like he did towards the end of last season.

15 Likes

Look what the cat’s dragged in.

Stick around :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Oh yeah Phil Babb… suppose with that list he can make it his own.

1 Like

This kit looks much better now!!!

"The fans are not more excited than I am, for sure not! It is not about saying words, it is about doing the things. I will give my heart on the field to my teammates, the club and also to the fans.”

3 Likes

Welcome Thiago. We Liverpool fans tend to get a bit over-excited at times… :wink:

Don’t bother too much, focus on your football, and everything will be fine. Be professional, hold the club’s values high, respect your manager, your team-mates and your supporters.

Here’s looking forward to see you practicisng your art on the pitch of Anfield, hopefully soon in front of the again packed stands. Welcome to Liverpool, mate, YNWA.

That being said, back to my current mood:

8 Likes

5 Likes

Can’t stop grinning. What a fabulous signing. Welcome Thiago, make us dream!

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

18 Likes

Ohhhhh Yes!!! Been watching clips of this guy all day willing him to get here asap.

Looks like he’s got about everything I want in a man, umm, footballer! :blush:

5 Likes

Alan Hansen was the best no 6 we have had…that is about to change maybe

3 Likes

Xabi and coutinho doing excellent work for us .

3 Likes

Just wow! Can’t wait to watch him in action.

3 Likes

The hairs on the back of my neck just stood up when I saw the picture of no 6 walking out onto the pitch…

1 Like

Just wait until @ubermick sees it.

1 Like
1 Like

Ha ha…

2 Likes