Thiago Alcántara - Welcome to Liverpool

Great signing,serial winner with a hunger to play for us aswell,also a bargin.Welcome aboard Thiago.

1 Like

Previous #6 stuck around for a long time. Will Thiago inherit Dejan’s other role as Mo’s bezzie?

Possibly the least sought-after piece of clothing in the world right now:

https://images.app.goo.gl/mFKTZ4jJ3ai8PCc19

I’m giddy like a kid on Christmas Day. Fantastic signing! Welcome to Liverpool, Thiago! May you have fantastic success in your time here.

That’s a really fascinating statement to hear.

And Im really impressed with his English. I think that’s 5 languages he speaks.

5 Likes

Six. You forgot the universal language of luuuuuurve. Just ask @Noo_Noo ‘s missus.

2 Likes

Wow, what a transfer!
Growing up I was an admirer of Mazinho, and man is his son an amazing footballer!
World class addition in our midfield much needed, and from the looks of it, a class act on and off the field.
So excited, can’t wait to see him play for us!!! :slight_smile:
Welcome to Liverpool Football Club, Thiago, the best club in the world! Anfield will capture your heart more than you could ever imagine!

1 Like

Five languages is a very conservative estimate, I’d be willing to bet he has a way to get by at least at a basic level in 8 languages:

Both versions of Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Galician, German, English

1 Like

You have to be pumped when a guy who could have chosen to play for any club comes to us.

6 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Instead of Sarr we’ve signed Diego Jota the speed merchant from Wolves there is no chance anyone is going to mention AFCOn with this transfer the only downer we’ve had to sell them Hoever as part of the deal but Edwards has a buy back clause

2 Likes

Fucking hell…

You turn your back for 2mins and they bag another one.

Our bench will be able to beat Utd.

3 Likes

Alright I can finally add… so excited about this.
Have a good friend here in the states who has been a ManCity fan since well before the money came rolling in there, and he’s excited for us, and a little gutted as Thiago is one of his favorite players in the world.

I was cautious, thinking maybe this was just talk and not really going to come to fruition.
I love this deal for many reasons, but top amongst them are:

1. He brings new blood to team - you can’t not make any changes or things go a little stale even if you’re immense talents.
  2. He is easily one of the best midfielders in the world - great vision, great passing, silky smooth, shots, leadership, calm… everything
  3. I think he is just the person our midfield needs now
  4. He seems a genuinely good character

Loving it.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Totally forgot Shaq has played with him!

3 Likes

‘For Us’ … that’s amazing :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

It’s funny how professional the video shoots are these days, liked a top of the line perfume ad.

I can see off the field he’s just going to slot perfectly into that Bobby, Ali, Fab Portuguese posse.

1 Like

Fucking hell, some people just look incredible in that shirt.

Me and Thiago for example.

Welcome to Anfield. Can’t wait for you to tear shit up and Show Trent and Robbo what an assist really looks like

2 Likes

I just want to say that I LOVE when I see former LFC players commenting favorably about our transfer dealings on social media.

Lallana and Lucas Leiva congratulating him on joining our club when they no longer play for us - that is so damn heartwarming.

11 Likes

Jose has been extremely open about how much he loves the club on social media. In addition to his time here it’s apparent he really enjoyed the support around the time of his surgeries and he’s a massive Liverpool fan.

I love the guy. Even if he had the football IQ of a donkey at times.

8 Likes