Thiago Alcántara - Welcome to Liverpool

That he didnt fancy rejoining Pep then, is Mint!

“Ya ho, ya ho, we’ve got the greatest midfield in the world. We’ve got Naby and Milner, and Gini, Fabinho, Ox, Hendo and Thiago-o-oooo”

2 Likes

Finally ordered some of that Kool Aid stuff but it won’t be here until next week,i’ll have a smoke in honour of his arrival instead,welcome.

7 Likes

Absolutely made up with this signing. A top quality player who compliments what we have perfectly.

1 Like
3 Likes

9 Likes

didn’t want to get too worked up in case this didn’t happen, so only now wrapping my head around the idea of thiago in this team

the most persistent knock against this crew was the lack of creativity in midfield–now we’ve added perhaps the best CM on the planet at the height of his powers, straight from a CL winning bayern side

some of those highlights where he takes a touch or two & then takes out four defenders with a through ball out of nothing, i don’t know who to compare it to but messi–he sees possibilities that other players, even at the top level, just don’t

2 Likes

Just found a moment to watch his first interview: highly impressive on all accounts.The quality of his english, his maturity, his obvious intelligence. Very impressed indeed.

1 Like

What I’ve always liked about him is that he isnt like the typical player who plays like him who can often be very once paced. They change the tempo of a game with their passing, but Thiago does it physically as well. He’s got this easy laid back style like a Pirlo or Alonso, but he’s also got that ability to take a touch and completely change the direction and tempo of a move.

3 Likes

yeah my brother texted me about how much he thought thiago’s little pet move of accepting a pass, feinting away from goal, and then making the half turn & driving forward, looking to play someone in, would add to this midfield

gini has similar qualities (and physical strength) against pressure, but he’s obviously on the other end of the scale as far as being ambitious in his passing

1 Like

This is great announcement today such a great player character legend in the game already still young 29 years we’ll have some trophies to celebrate at the end of the year boys

Watching his first interview, his english is perfect.

1 Like

Did you mistype that deliberately :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome Thiago… Just need Sarr to complete my who to buy list from TIA.

1 Like

Welcome to LFC Thiago. Enjoy your time at the club. I hope you settle down soon. We cannot wait to see you do those breathtaking passes.

6 Likes

What a good signing, and paid for in installments. You couldn’t ask for more, like getting a sought-after pristine ferrari on a cheap HP deal.
With VvD and Alisson we were fixing known problems with quality players. With this deal, we’re putting some quality aftermarket mods on, upgrading the turbo charger.
Exciting times indeed.

4 Likes

:handshake:

1 Like

Now that the club have loosened the purse strings it’s time for the admins to loosen the ‘like’ strings. Is this model of limited likes based off of tinder or something? So much joy and positivity on this site atm everybody deserve an up vote!!!

5 Likes

Surprised that you haven’t started the midfield conundrum thread here yet. :joy: :joy: :joy:

Wow!!! So excited… Welcome to Liverpool Fc!!