Thiago Alcántara - Welcome to Liverpool

My first post about Thiago (in TIA) was a legendary “it doesn’t make sense”. Because we deviated from the transfer strategy of the last 5 years.

We never had a high profile player from top clubs of Europe come for us in the last decade. And obviously Klopp and Edwards know much better than me. I understand the rational behind this transfer and now that he is here, I fully support the player.

Hoping that he is a smashing success here and we win on multiple fronts from now.

Welcome Thiago. YNWA.

3 Likes

Pretty impressed with what he had to say I the interview, can’t wait to see him on the pitch.

I think that it’s a Discourse thing, not something regulated by staff:

1 Like

This is incredible, quoting from media thread. Numerous such stories, but it’ll never stop people to get freaked out at every opportunity. We are always working, no one’s sleeping at our club at any time!

Everything is well planned and from long term perspective

Hey Thiago! How are you doing buddy! Listen, I know I haven’t given you a proper welcome yet. I have been a bit busy lately. So hang in there for a few days, will you! Talk to Milly, he’s a nice fellow. I will conjure up something in a few days. Love you, take care.

1 Like

16 Likes

I find that whole exchange so oddly heart warming and satisfying beyond us just landing such a quality player.

Sort of did above. Just really short instead of the 50-paragraph shitposts I used to write.

1 Like

From all of us, many thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
2 Likes

You know something? If we could clone VVD to play with himself (stop sniggering at the back) then there’s a good argument that we have the best player in the world in every position on the pitch. The weakest link (least strong) would be Hendo and he’d walk into any team in the world on the grounds that he’s fucking boss :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Whereas whoever typed up the subtitles clearly isn’t. :joy:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Yuk! Another picture I didn’t need in my head. :wink:

4 Likes

This is the Rummenigge interview

2 Likes

Ooo on the bench

2 Likes

Looks like we did clone VVD. Shaved his head, had him grow up in Brazil so no one would notice. Fab was fucking excellent at CB today.

And how dare you underrate Hendo. He’s absolutely fucking world class.

9 Likes

You misunderstand. It was me who christened him Hugo. He is out least strong link and as I said he’s magic :slight_smile:

1 Like

“I thought a lot about him but never as a potential transfer, to be honest.”

You and me both, Jürgen. You and me both… :partying_face:

13 Likes

Wait, you’re PTT?

Anyway, I would say Henderson is our best midfielder, which might change now that Thiago is here. But still the best of the rest.

4 Likes