Those jammy fuckers down the M62

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1674444775661924353?s=20

I’d have gladly had Mount at Liverpool.

Hope he’s a massive flop at United.

4 Likes

Good player, not what United currently need, but there are also a few scenarios how it could work.

Still, glad we avoided that one.

Mount is a very talented player who has stagnated for a year, like the rest of that Chelsea squad, but it’s a steep price for someone of his quality in the final year of his contract. I wonder if they have him in mind as long-term successor to Eriksen, I have a feeling that Ten Hag will significantly change his role from the one(s) he played at Chelsea.

1 Like

I hope so, because I dont see him doing anything close to what Erikson has done through his career. Erikson is very much a player who you need to get the ball at his feet. Mount has always done most of his best work off the ball. If he is playing instead of Erikson, who is going to hit him with him after he’s made his run off the ball?

1 Like

That’s one of the worst photoshopped images.

Not sure why they do this, are people going dismiss it if it’s just a photo of Mount. I thought this was limited to ITKs of the Indykalia like.

2 Likes

He’ll be another bench/bit player…

1 Like

I think he’ll be a regular starter for them. He’s better than most of their midfielders. Only really Fernandes and Casimero are better than him I think.

Better based on one decent season? He was gash last season.

At this rate they’ll be having to play him up front…

how is he at winning penalties? :wink:

1 Like

Complete oppo mate. Overlooking the shit show that was Chelsea last year and looking at what came before.

I mean if you think Fred, McTomminay, Van de beek, or dicky heart eriksen* are better options than Mount, feel free to.

*class player, ageing and no where near as mobile as he was.

If it wasn’t any good before…I give it a few weeks of the new season before he’s an expert, he’s got Bruno and Antony to learn off after all, 2 of the best in the business in that field.

:joy: of course there are.

its in there already , after ‘trollism’

1 Like

Zlatan Ibrahimovic on Manchester United: “One day I was in the hotel with the team before a game. I got thirsty so I opened the mini-bar and had a fruit juice. We played and then went home.

"Time went by & my pay slip arrives. I realise they’ve taken a pound off my monthly wage. I call the manager: ‘Excuse me, why have they taken a pound off my salary.’ He replies: ‘It was the fruit juice from the mini-bar.’ ‘Are you kidding, seriously?’ ‘No, I’m not. Here, if you order something you have to pay for it.’

"Sure, but I didn’t go to the hotel on my own accord. I wasn’t on holiday. It was my work place. I was there for Man Utd. If I have to play and I’m thirsty, I have to drink. I can’t go on the pitch dehydrated.

“Can you believe it? A quid? Something like that would never happen in Italy. These are the details that make a difference and earn the respect of the players.”

I remember when Stam left to join Milan one of the things I saw him comment on was how much better treated the players are, and gave the example of the commercial level espresso machines in the player cafeteria and he loved it :joy:

oh ye of little faith , it’s manchester united.

Talks of Onana for 50m.

Onana would be a decent get for them. Definitely a more modern type of GK than big save Dave.