Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Of course he has something about him. You don’t get to run Ajax by chance, Dutch footy culture is both sophisticated and ruthless. They may not have the resources of England, but their coaching culture is particularly rich.

Of course, lots of Dutch managers have found their ceiling too, we may see that with Ten Haag this year.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Re: Maguire,

Are we not after a CB?

he’s home grown too,

just saying…

angry get out GIF by National Geographic Channel

1 Like

Imagine Maguire in our high line :see_no_evil:

Can’t say I’m the least bit surprised.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1681317441316724741?s=61&t=CHnRQ3uRWoyAgq-tzUnftA

Are they skint or something? I assume they don’t expect the Glaziers to decide until September the 5th.

They supposedly have very little room to maneuver with FFP limits. It was also widely reported last summer that Murtaugh was willing to support EtH in desire to add Anthony but made clear to him before pulling the trigger that doing so would make it that much harder for them to do meaningful work this summer

2 Likes

Kind of funny considering we signed the other target Gakpo for around half and he seemed the better option even in half a season.

1 Like

Scene…an office in Carrington

Murtough: Thanks for making time to meet, Erik.
Ten Hag: It’s no problem. Listen, I will get right to the point. When is Maguire leaving, and what are we doing to replace him?
Murtough: Well, we are having some difficulties moving Maguire. We were hoping to use some funds from his sale to bring in a replacement. But the good news is we have offers, and we do have a replacement lined up.
Ten Hag: Excellent. How much are we getting, what is the best offer?
Murtough: Well…ah. There it is, isn’t it?
Ten Hag: I don’t understand, what are you saying?
Murtough: West Ham have offered to take him on loan.
Ten Hag: So we will only have the loan fee?
Murtough: Yes, well, there was no loan fee mentioned, but they did say they would pay his wages. So that’s something, isn’t it?
Ten Hag: Who then do you have as a replacement for Maguire? We must replace him, it is without question, yes? He is slow, cannot turn, and is very prone to making mistakes with the ball.
Murtough: Yes, well…Jonny Evans
Ten Hag:…

Ten hag: well he’s still better than Maguire.

Probably a Tom Huddlestone type of deal or maybe a tiny bit more.

Guess what happens when Varane is injured

Shaw will be having his bad season after one decent one as is always the case.

Maguire it will be. Onana won’t know what hit him.

That’s a very low yardstick to go by. Just about anybody is better than The Slab.

Yet these cunts are in the CL and we’re not. Jokes kinda on us really… :disappointed:

Don’t worry. They won’t be in it for long.

1 Like

1 Like

Reminds me of some pyjamas I had in the 70s.

2 Likes

You were still wearing pyjamas in your 80s?