Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Too early to get their green and yellow scarfs out.

1 Like

It’s weird that Man Utd get beaten at home by Fulham is only a consolation prize to your Saturday.

2 Likes

Some may consider that an ideal situation and a reason to stay in UK! (But in case you are reading this, dear wife; not me, oh no!)

1 Like

Push us off the perch? You can’t even nudge Fulham off the stairs

1 Like

9 minute onwards. Pure Gold.

2 Likes

ETH…‘the players showed character and personality.’

Which characters and personalities, ya reckon?

All suggestions welcome.

1 Like

Never too early.

Judas? Turncoats? Brutas and the Roman Senate?

forgot to add Uncle Scar?

Behave mubs , behave.

FFS…LIFT!

Moar Utd-themed bantz!

They just got skittled by Fulham at Old Toilet!

Looks like he’s cracking under the pressure

1 Like

They’ve been objectively shit for months.

How many months?

25?, 50?, 134?

1 Like

Exactly.

Knowing this board someone will come up with 2 games they won in a row at the back end of last season hence why I said months.

Too much noise now that INEOS don’t want him managing the team next season. There’s talk of De Zerbi, Zidane, even Amorim being their preference.

The main issue they have at the moment is FFP/P&S rules. Just because Ratcliffe has money, doesn’t mean they’re allowed to spend it. They’ll have to sell players to buy players, and since they still give idiotic contracts to bang average players, they’re going to have a hard time.

Last summer, they had West Ham prepared to pay 40M for Maguire and some other team prepared to pay like 20M for McTominay. They should have bitten their hands off, but instead both deals were stopped and the players kept for one reason or another. Now they have absolute shite players like Rashford on 300k+ per week, Bruno on 250k+ per week, Casemiro on 350k+ per week, Sancho on 350k+ per week, the list goes on and on. If you read the Caf, they’re all praying for Saudi Arabia to swoop in and offer silly money for their shite players. It isn’t going to happen, so they’re stuck in the mire for at least another season or two regardless of who the manager or DOF is.

3 Likes

It’s always easier to change the manager than all those players on their expensive contracts. However, I think that they will still manage to sell some of them for good money. I imagine that Rashford is still of interest to PSG and, knowing their prowess in the transfer market, I wouldn’t be surprised if they came up with the idea of getting Rashford for 60+ million pounds and 300K+ pounds per week to replace Mbappe.

Rashford gets a way out, PSG get a player of big reputation who will help them win the league and crash out of CL in the quarterfinals every year, while Man United would sell an expensive academy product who would help immeasurably to comply with FFP rules.

Imagine where their team would be without their youth setup, eh? For all the flak McTominay gets, he always does the job he’s asked to do. Rashford was immense up until this season. Mainoo and Garnacho will become amazing players (it’s says a lot about their team when you see them keeping expensive signings out of the starting XI).

Their situation reminds me of the one FSG found themselves in when they first bought the club minus the unrealistically high profits on a yearly basis and excellent academy products. Ratcliffe will definitely have to take some losses to get their team moving forward (unless there’s a Saudi intervention or something like that).

I’m surprised they only have four players that have contracts ending this summer Amrabat, Evans, Martial and Heaton.

I’m not sure how much that frees up for them in wages, wouldnt think it is much and may not make much of a dent to the first team squad numbers either.

They have 8 due to expire next year though, some of whom they may be happy move on this summer for anything they can get.

(McTominay, Varane, Maguire, Lindelof, Bissaka, Diallo, Erikson and Kambwala.)

But that could be a significant defensive rebuild taking place over the next 18 months as presumably McTominay is the one player they will look to keep from that list.

McTominay plays as centre back in a back three for Scotland and, from what I’ve seen, he’s rather good. It’s a different system to the one at Man United, though, but they could do worse than keep him.

1 Like

That was a few years ago, now he plays different roles in midfield or more advanced between the lines.

1 Like