Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Generally Barca have looked good recently but they needed a test and got one and seemed a bit off.

I hope your first paragraph doesn’t come back to haunt us :face_with_peeking_eye:.

Second paragraph is nail on head. This is my worry and I expect Madrid fans will be having the same thoughts. I think they will be more confident, but anything can happen in big games. We may be underperforming but any team would be wary of playing us, especially at Anfield :+1:t2:

If we are turning up for the big games that is at least something :wink:

1 Like

I suspect a lot of their “transition” has been as much about using his older guys conservatively so they are available of the big games, such as against us next week. It speaks to the issues they’ve had though that in integrating some of the younger guys Ceballos has been one of their better players in recent weeks, better than even Kroos whenever he’s played.

1 Like

Rashford on 22 goals, equals his total record in a single full season for United, so he’ll surpass that number now.

Fantastic revival after a poor period of form.

6 Likes

Rashford should come to Liverpool.

Won’t happen, but the door is open Marcus!

6 Likes

To be fair shows what a good coach can do.

Some still look like polished turds, as I said that defence got lucky a fair bit (as did Barca), was entertaining once I turned the commentary off.

3 Likes

I agree. A good coach/confidence and being part of a team in a good place is so important. For example I actually liked/saw things in Joelinton/Almiron a few seasons ago, but they were made scapegoats.
Now they are performing and rightly getting the credit they deserve. I think Joelinton’s performance picked up under Bruce. But Eddie Howe has really taken them up a level.

1 Like

Makes me laugh about St Marcus how all the pundits are raving. Unplayable, on fire, most dangerous player in Europe, scored 22 goals. Meanwhile Salah is finished, having had a stinker of a season after only scoring 18 this season.

The thing with forwards is that they can only be as good as those around them.

Rashford’s poor form seemed to coincide with having to cater for an aging prima donna in the side. Salah has not been as prolific this season but he hasn’t had the service with all the chaos going on around him.

There used to be a thing with Ian Rush that we never lost when he scored. It was a similar thing - he was more likely to score when we played well. (At least until that didn’t happen. League Cup final against Arsenal, wasn’t it?)

Has anyone ever claimed Rashford is as good as Salah?

Fair play to the kid for turning things around

Football commentary is often very myopic. No one expected Rashford to score this many, but Salah scoring this few is terrible by his standards.

1 Like

Yes, the 25 year old kid.
I don’t mind Rashford, my point wasn’t about him more about pundits.
Where did I say someone claimed he was as good as Salah?

Who actually was the last player that went from Utd to Liverpool? Was it Incey?

1 Like

Phil Chisnall in 1964.

Ince was signed from Inter I think.

6 Likes

With Inter Milan in between! I think, from memory.

We tried for Heinze and Ferguson put his foot down, and I wasn’t bothered about that, as he was only a middling player.

So if this goes true we are now up against 4 team with unlimited funds … :sleeping:

I wonder what their fans think about this. From perspective of a Liverpool fan, it’s a nightmare. To say we’ll be fighting an uphill battle doesn’t even begin to cover it.

Their fans are so desperate for the good times again they will welcome Qatar with open arms. Due to desperation they have no morals.

4 Likes