Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD: 2020/21

But… but… Wan Bissaka!

2 Likes

…would struggle to be considered ambitious and comfortable enough on the ball to be a CB for Klopp. In all fairness he’s an ok defensive RB or RCB in a back 3 in my eyes. But like trying to compare Downing to Messi. They may play in similar areas of the pitch but they’re completely different planets. Everything AWB can do Trent can and possibly even to the same level if he really concentrated on that side, but nowhere near when it comes to the other way around.

Looks to me he played a lot safer/deeper last night to protect Fabinho. Defensively he was a lot better last night, he did run over 1k less than Robertson which also shows he isn’t going up and down as much.

Generally he has started poorly, like most in the team. He always does have a bit of a thankless task on the right, Salah does half the defensive work Mane does for example, and unless he has Henderson as that added protection he gets overloaded a fair bit.

It’s a funny old season this one, if you look at leagues around the world, the lack of pre-season, combined with stupid Internationals dotted around seems to have knocked a lot of teams “preparation”.

2 Likes

Wan Bissaka is too busy shagging everything with a pulse,sounds like a right fucking idiot.

At least he’s not shagging the bosses daughter like their last Great Young Hype they spend big dosh on

1 Like

Let’s not forget that in a disrupted summer, he didn’t have even that little pre-season we had. He went with England as soon as he was fit on paper. Yeah, he had some quiet games so far. Positive is Salah’s start to the season, looks like he’s working more and playing with more simplicity again. Klopp’s been praising his performances more than goals (which speaks volumes for me, knowing how Klopp says things indirectly). With Thiago settling in at LCM (but also at #6 when we need it now), I’d like to see Gini more at RCM. Think he could help that right sided balance more.

2 Likes

Old has the gravitas and wisdom to keep the lad grounded and focussing on his football. He’ll be fine.

1 Like

4 Likes

The only player who was worth watching tonight, beautiful stuff.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Brilliant. They covered us well during that throw in, there were no options, I thought we might lose it. I bet he already knew he’d shift it to Robbo when he was passing to Shaq.

Out for 4 weeks. Milly for these games or Nico Williams gets his chance?

1 Like

Probably alternate them, but because of the internationals it is only 5 games between now and Dec 9th (the 6th game). Two of those are CLs games we can afford to make changes on and the 6th game is the return against Ajax. So hopefully not too big a deal.

3 Likes

Trent Alexander-Arnold seems likely to miss the next 4 weeks due to the calf injury he sustained against Manchester City.

These are the games he will miss according to @DominicKing_DM:

• Leicester
• Brighton
• Wolves [possibly]

Speedy recovery, Trent :pray:t2: https://t.co/4Km2fTaNAH

1 Like

We’ll see, doesn’t have to be one man for all those games.

Millie, Neco… maybe even Gini as an emergency 3rd option, with Thiago back in midfield! :joy:

Don’t think it will be Fabinho (if he’s back while Trent is still out for a bit, you’d hope so), judging by some Klopp quotes not long ago about him playing RB.

2 Likes

Fabinho has become an interesting case. If he’s back would he be preferred as CB with Gomez as right back or vice versa. Fab hasn’t played right back for us, but has done it earlier. But for us he’s been the second best CB whenever he’s played behind VVD.

1 Like

Would play Milner against Leicester and Neco in the CL because it can be corrected easily with the 5 subs during the game.

2 Likes

Don’t think Williams is ready, takes to much time on the ball and than looses it or gets in trouble especially under pressure. I’ll play Milner, the only problem is his lack of speed. We need smart defending without the Big man and TAA against seedy opponents.

1 Like

Some of our opponents are right dirty fuckers.

Speedy :sunglasses:

1 Like