Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD: 2020/21

Alexander-Arnold will likely miss games against Leicester City, Atalanta, Brighton and Ajax, possibly returning against Wolves on December 5 or 6.

I think Milner will start against Leicester and Atalanta with Neco coming in as substitute while Neco starting against Brighton and Ajax.

Neco is a good young player and a really good prospect, but his difficulty is that in any game he is going to be targeted remorselessly. That will be really tough on him.

2 Likes

Itā€™s part of his development and something every young player in the history of football (or any sport) has had to face.

If he wants to make the grade, heā€™ll have to learn to deal with whatever is thrown at him.

6 Likes

If Klopp thinks Neco is ready, then Neco got to take it with both hands and legs. When TAA was thrown into the deep end, he also faced what Neco will face. I think it depends on what Klopp thinks of Necoā€™s tactical readiness as well as importantly, his mental one.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Really good news from Klopp on this guy today, seems his diagnosis of the 05/12/2020 might actually be correct.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Looks like a young Joel Matip than a young TAAā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

7 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes
3 Likes

In order to tackle, you have to get there in the first place. So, thatā€™s not the only defensive stat that matters (good to see that heā€™s clean in the tackle, unlike someone like Aurier). But yeah, ā€œhe canā€™t defendā€ is definitely exaggerated.

1 Like

He has drastically improved 1 v 1 its his positioning that has been amiss this season he just doesnā€™t smell the danger with the ball playe in to the channel behind him

2 Likes

I think we are on the same page when in position he is good, itā€™s a matter of him being in position that has bothered me more this season

Considering how far he is up the pitch a fair bit of the time, itā€™s probably an even better stat whether itā€™s tracking back or helping us to get back on the attack.

4 Likes

Yeah, knowing his instructions I think itā€™s unfair to say heā€™s vulnerable to the ball played in behind him. Thatā€™s a given isnā€™t?

1 Like

Not necessarily he was in good position, I think it was for the 2nd chance that Bergwin had, and just ball watched rather than tracking his man and has done it a few times this year. He needs to idevelop this side of his game.

1 Like

Hmmm yeah, of course he could improve but donā€™t think itā€™s weakness. I think the chance you mention he held back for fear of giving away a penalty as the Spurs just got in front and cut across him. It wasnā€™t a case of ball watching for me.

It was the one after that. He did well enough in that situation to put Bergwijn off, but for his second chance Trent was very slow to react.

Anyway, on the positive side, his passing was back to his best against Palace. He might have only got the ones assist but he was involved in 3 or 4 other goals too.

1 Like