Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD: 2021/22

15 games for both club & country so far this season, 1 goal and 12 assists.

3 Likes
9 Likes

The Seleção Trent :sunglasses:

1 Like

All-time PL assists :eyes:
Screenshot_20211122-081341_Chrome

3 Likes

How is he behind Robertson???

Maybe because he’s played 59 PL games less than Robbo and is a few years younger?

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Also, if you go up a little bit higher…

(Sadio’s got 37).

1 Like

How dare you bring facts and logic into an argument!

For some reason, I thought Robertson had only the one season in the Premier League before coming to Liverpool (and in a shit Hull no less)…

That season Robbo was at Hull (16-17) was Trent’s breakthrough season for us, but he played only about 5 games that year. Even the following year that we remember as the one where Robbo was being held out of the side because of Albie he still got more games with us than Trent did, who was more or less splitting time at RB with Gomez that year. It wasn’t really until 18-19, the year we came second and won the CL that the Trent Robbo FB axis was really solidified

2 Likes

9 Likes

Legitimately believe he’s not just the best right back in the world now but by the time he hangs up his boots he’ll be seen as the best Right Back in English Football up to now and our clubs best.

Still makes me laugh that the whole “he’s not so good defensively” line still goes out there. He’s better defensively than many “defensive” RBs. Some of which only look good due to support from colleagues and the tactics of their manager.

5 Likes

It’s just an extremely lazy assumption; he’s so good going forward so he must be weak defensively. Then every mistake he makes gets the ‘ah ha, see?’ when in reality every player will make a defensive error or a poor choice every now and then.

2 Likes

Yeah…

Of course from the outside perspective, he’s a worse defender than he really is. But from the inside perspective, he’s sometimes not that great either. Need to be careful often not to go from exaggeration to another exaggeration.

No drama saying that it’s not the best part of his game, though it also depends which exact defensive skills/situations. He’s made progress, he’s overall a fantastic player and that’s it.

1 Like

Hard to find another defender in football that has to sprint 60-70mtrs back into position before he can even start to defend… No wonder he arrives a little late sometimes
Personally, I wouldn’t swap one thing about him at this stage of his development…
Most exciting ‘full-back’ I have ever witnessed playing the role

1 Like

The sky is the limit for this guy. Already in danger of being called the best right back in the world, despite how young he is, he could add the odd thunderbastard goal like tonight’s to his arsenal? Wow just wow. Predict he’ll end up remembered as best RB the Premier League has seen by the time he hangs up his boots. Still won’t be given a starting role for England by Southgate of course…

2 Likes

Poor guy. Nobody knows what position he plays, nobody can understand a word he says, but everybody knows he’s absolutely, totally, fuckin’ boss!

Oh he will. In the dead rubber games, and in friendlies where England are 5-0 up against Sam Marino, and Trent will pick up a hamstring injury in the 93rd minute.

1 Like

Don’t think he had a particularly great game, but what a hit. I was sat nicely behind it, knew it was in from the moment he hit it. Not asking much but it would be nice if that could become a semi-regular thing.

2 Likes

Seriously, as an LFC fan, I don’t give a f**k about England

2 Likes