Trent Alexander-Arnold (RB) Real Madrid

It’s happening, isn’t it?

3 Likes

Should never have got close to putting ourselves in this position. Once the summer was over I held zero expectation he’d sign a new deal.

Only hope the fans aren’t too harsh on him when he goes.

I guess the fact we’ve got Bradley coming through softens the blow somewhat but it’ll still create a need in the summer and isn’t a great look for a club that wants to be seen to be at the top table.

From a club perspective I’d prefer him gone in January for a reasonable fee as Carvajal is out for the season. IF he goes.

It shouldn’t have got this close, unless discussions happened last year and he stated he wanted a new challenge.

1 Like

Well he holds all the cards. The question is what his motivation for a move is. Money, trophies, “new challenge” or whatever.

His brother is his agent. I’m not sure whether that is a good or bad thing.

If he was to remain with us he would likely be our highest paid player. Whether that would match what Real could offer is debatable.

1 Like

Liverpool are highly confident that Trent Alexander-Arnold will sign a new contract before Christmas.

[Graeme Bailey]

8 Likes

I was worried that Trent might not stay, but then I saw who opened the thread :rofl:

14 Likes

Who is Graeme Bailey ?

LOCK THE THREAD!

The new 10 year contract is as good as signed, isn’t it?

1 Like

If this guy says something, the opposite is always the truth.

There’s also this:

1 Like

Honestly? Made peace with all this shenanigans about 6 months ago, I’m just not that bothered by it anymore. I have full confidence and belief in the rest of the squad to kick on, but Virg and Mo really do need to be tied down.

I wish him all the best at Madrid, except when we meet them in the CL and whoop their ass.

Same here. Couldn’t care less if he went tomorrow.

I’ve been of the opinion for some time that he’s a sub-standard full-back, certainly defensively, and I think over the last 12-18 months various managers have been trying to shoe-horn him into their team somewhere as he’s a technically superb footballer but one who can’t be relied upon to perform his most important role. I also suspect Trent doesn’t see FB as the role he wants to play in the future.
I actually worry that his career will stall and he’ll end up being neither one thing or another.

1 Like

Of the 3 I would prioritise Virg first.

The thing that would annoy me most about TAA leaving would be if it was a freeby. And of course to those dogs Real who are experts at that.

If he goes he goes and he has been strutting sourly around over the last year like his shit don’t stink. There is an increased arrogance.

Of course it all could be the classic ploy to arrange a fatter contract.

Whatever.

2 Likes

Agree with others,I am rapidly losing interest in whether he goes or not.
If he wants to ponce around on RMs stage, till they lose interest that is his call.
He hasn’t really looked like he wants to be here a while now, sure there are other players who would jump at the chance to fill his shoes.

1 Like

Yeah nah. Unless we are off the pace for a title tilt, it would have to be FU money before we should let Madrid have him in January.

1 Like

Did you listen to his interview whilst on International duty, he talks about being given freedom and thats what he see as being the best for him as a player, no mention of team if I recollect correctly.

In a team game the structure of that team is massive and I am unsure whether Trent is strict enough mentally to do what is right for team. He doesn’t lack effort and for me he has been better defensively this season as I feel Slot is stricter with him in defensive phases. But it could be he would get more freedom with Real that Slot will allow.

I may be completely wrong but just my take on watching him and listening to that interview.

Reckon I’m gonna be in a minority here, but I’m ambivalent to this.

If he stays we get to keep a top quality right back and he can continue to be a key player for us.

If he goes we can find another decent right back. For all his qualities he does have deficiencies in his game, also on multiple occasions when we’ve top at Christmas he’s done interviews bigging up city and acting like it’s an impossiblity to win the league, and he’ll be swanning off to Spain for the easy route to trophies (especially given the shit show at Barca atm) rather than fight for them.

Either way the club will carry on, and will do well.

1 Like

Totally agree Virg is the one that we DON’T want to lose the hole he will leave will be massive and opposition forwards won’t have anyone to fear.

1 Like

Hope he stays.

Not fussed if he doesn’t.

This gives me some hope.

Albiet the broken clock can be right twice a day.

2 Likes

I think I said it elsewhere a few weeks back.

I really would like to see Bradley more often at RB and I’m not particularly sure what that means for Trent.

1 Like