UEFA Champions League 2020-21

This was their biggest mistake imo. They should have attacked UEFA as a group, hit them where everyone can agree about their fuckups, like CL final ticket allocations, corruption, etc. It was a poorly executed effort against an organization that is full of holes.

3 Likes

If they made a clear platform on how teams would qualify, saying we will invite 5 teams just sounded patronising.

The fact of the matter is UEFA aren’t in a fit state to run it but replacing that with the likes of Perez is even less so. I’m personally against clubs running the governance of sport especially when they seal themselves off.

1 Like

Just when you thought this season’s final couldn’t be more…err…plastic :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Nice gesture, wonder how we would react if FSG did the same.

2 Likes

My bet is SOS would complain and try to negotiate them down to providing free transport from the city centre to the stadium

4 Likes

I would be so shocked it would be met by complete silence from me and i presume many others. Gobsmacked! :astonished:

1 Like

Naughty step with the ESL, now Saviours again. And for not very much money either, in the grand scheme of things.

Hard to buy PR like that anywhere else. Classic sports washing.

1 Like

Oh No Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Next seasons seedings for the group stage:

I am not 100% sure but

• if City beat Chelsea then Zenit will be in Pot 1 as Russian champions and Dortmund will be in Pot 3

• if Chelsea beat City they will be seeded in Pot 1 as holders, Dortmund will be in Pot 2 and Zenit in Pot 3

Can somebody confirm?

The only resource you’ll ever need for all UEFA seeding questions.

7 Likes

Considering we won it twice now finishing second in the group I’m just happy to be there.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Never been a massive fan of it to be honest.

This season it seemed even more pointless.

So how is life in the Banshee? :star_struck:

BBC going hard and heavy with the Tuchel love-in, so fully expecting City to win comfortably.

1 Like

Then there is this from Pep:

Yes Pep, it’s a fantastic ad for football in that if you’re a shady, corrupt regime/business person with ties to shady and corrupt regimes then you can totally clean your image up by buying a football team, splashing billions of pounds on it without giving a fuck that it would never ever have been able to generate that itself for the sole reason to have millions upon millions of people around the world cheer you on vigorously without any moral qualms at all. Bravo :clap:

5 Likes

Painfully, I shall have to “support” Chelsea in this game.

4 Likes

In these situations, I just want a good game of football, especially after that shite on Wednesday (penalties couldn’t save it for me, I just wanted it to end).

Good interesting game and a few goals, don’t care who wins.

2 Likes

I can not pick so if I watch, which isn’t likely, I’ll root for the team that plays football. So most likely City. :cry: Then again i couldn’t bare to think that City win a CL final.

EDIT Just so much to detest about both those teams and clubs, impossible. At least I won’t get English commentary.

2 Likes