UEFA Champions League

I was that daytripper, took some photos before match from pitchside and halftime but didn’t pull my phone out once the whole match.

3 Likes

We working our way to a World Cup every year, CL twice a year, and Euro every 3 months.

3 Likes

And don’t forget the fa cup every other week

2 Likes

That looks to be the idea. The new non-super league Champions Leaue format has a condensed KO stage. Given that idea, if this story is true, what it looks like is a final 4 played over a few days at a neutral venue.

1 Like

Awful idea to be honest.

6 Likes

UEFA just wants to find any way to pocket more money.

A document released by UEFA states Liverpool have been fined €10,000 and manager Jurgen Klopp has received a warning after a delay to kick off.

Information picked up from Liverpool Echo

So they fined Klopp for a delay of kick off the same as a club who threw missiles at an opposition manager.

Hmmm

What did we even do???

1 Like

Apparently we delayed the kick off in the Benfica 3-1 match. I don’t particularly remember it

Was it the match that honouring the 97? If so, UEFA can fvck right off.

Edit: Yes, it was the match with the 97 at the Kop end with the minute silence.

7 Likes

I’m hoping it was the second half considering the warning to Klopp.

6 Likes

Not sure whether to watch tonight. It could be interesting to see what we’re going to face in the final, but having to support Real will be painful.

4 Likes

Really, really want Real to win.

Couldn’t stomach the possibility of losing a final to City…

13 Likes

Aye, for all the celebration of this season, we are frighteningly close to a City league and CL double :face_vomiting:

8 Likes

To finish second to them in both would make for a thoroughly miserable summer…

4 Likes

Madrid will do it.

1 Like

It is odd how the unicorn of a quadruple has overshadowed the fact that Citeh are just a few games away from the greatest season in their history and the culmination of their petro-dollar fueled campaign.

5 Likes

Aye. It’s especially interesting given the relative lack of importance of the league and FA cups.

Maybe it’s a reflection of the lack of faith people collectively have in City’s ability to pull it off.?

1 Like

Do we watch or don’t we…that is the question???