UEFA Champions League

He bloody FLEW past the last Atleti defender :exploding_head:

1 Like

Heads up that the draw is a week on Monday.

1 Like

Only group C (Bayern & Inter), G (Cheaty & Dortmund), and H (QSG & Benfica) are fully settled. Group D is still wide open.

A & B are both settled as well.

I think @iftikhar meant the final positions are not fixed yet?

2 Likes

Have a funny feeling we could see Spurs pulling a Spursy tonight.

2 Likes

Atletico is determined not to play in the Europa League.

LFC could get Porto again next round as it stands

2 Likes

Good, Europe better off without them.

And Simeone’s days are numbered.

1 Like

Has to be Grujic’ highlight at Porto tonight.

Atleti had their chances, Costa tbf been decent in goal.

Griezmann also had a goal pretty shamefully disallowed.

& Atleti do get their goal, think that’s gone in directly from the corner no?

2-1

Oblak MOM

Hysterical non-penalty in the Bayern game. Mane is in the way of a shot that has been absolutely hammered and he brings both his hands up to protect his face, like a 5 year old in the play ground. He clearly blocks the shots with his hands and even after watching the monitor the ref turns it away seemingly saying that both hands in front of your face is an expected position for your hands.

3 Likes

There will me around 16.000 empty seats at the Sporting CP - Eintracht Frankfurt game today. Despite interest from Frankfurt fans on site, Sporting CP prefers to forgo revenues in the six-figure range over risking a “Barcelona 2.0”

What does Barcelona 2.0 mean?

Frankfurt Fans took over the Camp Nou in the Europa League last season because Barca were not able to sell their allocation to their own fans.

2 Likes

2 European competitions per season?

1 Like

That’s wild. Presumably they have to give Eintract their normal allocation, so they just left the allocation for their own fans unavailable to prevent the Frankfurt fans getting them? I get what they’re trying to avoid, but is playing in an empty stadium any better of a home advantage? Why not just offer a cheap deal to your own fans?

1 Like

Lenglet 1-1

Camera went straight to Conte and he reacted as though they went 2 down hahaha.

That’s an even better header than Mbemba’s, fair play.