UEFA Champions League

Hang on…are the Quarter-final match-ups already decided? I thought it was just the Semi and Final where they drew out the balls at the same time (Have at it @PeachesEnRegalia…)

2 Likes

No I was just trying to predict what didn’t happen in the sixteen as Porto will will surely dispose of Inter

Apparently our allocation for the Bernabeu is only 1800 seats, with only 4 accessible seats that are all in the home end.

EDIT: Liverpool FC — Real Madrid ticket allocation update for the link from the official site.

Are we going to allow their fans to attend the home leg. Really want to fuck these fascist cunts

1 Like

Got a feeling they will disperse our loyal fans into different sections of the ground if EUFA make them allocate more tickets… and they will hide behind the safety issue concerns of some new construction that is happening at the ground - Either way, they don’t want 3000 loyal LFC followers congregated in the one area singing the boys over the finish line…

Are UEFA being spectacularly unhelpful because we objected to the awful and dangerous treatment meted out to our fans in the last final in Paris?

The sooner a Super League can be worked out - one with better sporting integrity than the last one we heard about - the better.

I would rather have clubs police themselves and decide on rules and norms together, than be beholden to this corrupt outfit.

5 Likes

They will probably justify it on the basis of our fans causing trouble in Paris and so the lie stays in circulation and continues to justify further awful treatment.

This came to my mind.

Does this mean we have to exclude somebody to be able to name Gakpo in the CL squad?

What about Keita and Ox?

Shows that our squad is too big atm.

2 Likes

That was for the group stages, so we’ll be able to add a max of 3 new players and submit to UEFA I think 2 weeks before 1st knockout game.

Would Jude be classed as Homegrown? :wink:

Not sure if joking because of the winky face, but yes he will be homegrown in the prem, but will lose homegrown (association trained) status for UEFA competitions if he doesn’t move back next summer.

So he is good for January right :wink:

I think that is the way it works but not 100% sure. If so, he’d drop to the B list with Elliott and Jones and free up a spot for Gapko. A second change would be needed if we wanted to add Naby.

We’ve only got 3 club trained players in Kelleher, Gomez and Trent so have a max squad size of 24, but I think Ox could be added by dropping Phillips.

1 Like

In order to make room for Cody Gakpo, Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain who weren’t in the squad for the group stage, Liverpool will have to leave one senior player out of tomorrow’s 25-man Champions League squad.
Who ???

Does it really matter, we can not beat Brighton if our lives depended on it, the injuries are stacking up and we are playing Real …

Frauendorf is the only forward to not feature in the group stage, so I imagine he would be the obvious one to make way for Gapko.

In midfield, Corness didn’t make an apprerance, so I think he would also make way.

We also have 4 keepers registered, so I could see 1 of Adrien or Davies being dropped. If neither of them, then Phillips, Mabaya and Chambers are the 3 defenders that never featured, so 1 of them could be dropped.

1 Like

Chambers is out on loan now also.

1 Like

So there is one that is making way to free up a spot.

We could just make room for Gakpo and Naby and leave it there? :man_shrugging:

IMHO it would be nice if Bayern beat PSG, apologies to the German gang … :scream: :sunglasses: