UEFA Conference League

Yep, 6-1 I think it was.

Leicester level. Maddison

Lovely play by Perez to get to byline and cut back and Maddison finds the roof of the net.

Decent shout for a pen on Maddison thereā€¦defender looks to have nicked the ballā€¦no VAR.

Lookman goes close after some nice build up, Mvogo there to parry it overā€¦Leicester looking to turn this tie on itā€™s head.

& Leicester do find that 2nd goal, totally dominated PSV this half. Mvogo was there to save from Lookman again but Pereira cooly puts in the rebound.

1 Like

Iā€™m a bit late to this, but what the actual fuck is this competition? The Europa League is bad enough, but a shittier version of the Europa League where if you win all you get isā€¦ to go into the Europa League.

Thank fuck we are no longer having to travel to the absolute backwaters of Europe any longer.

1 Like

This competition was created for Mourinho. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

The final is in Albania.

TĆ“ be fair my Leicester supporting friend is glad his season isnā€™t over in early April so Iā€™m happy for him. Not too bothered with it really gives some of the lower teams more expierence.

The Souness years.

Big games against the giants of Europe, such as Kuusysi Lahti, FC Swarovski Tirol, Apollon Limassol. Getting knocked out by the mighty Spartak Moscow. Simple times back then.

Still remember that game due to the keeper situation. We got back in it with only a few minutes to go, but then the tripple whammy - Grobbelaar gives away a penalty, also gets sent off for his troubles (double punishment the norm in them days), and David Burrows borrows the keeper jersey to go in goal. Think we also shipped in another goal, and there was no comeback miracle in the second leg at Anfield.

I only hate it when weā€™re not in Europe at all.

The season feels half empty to me.

Of course, I want us to be in the CL every season.

But give me any European competition, if we canā€™t be in the CL sometimes for whatever reason, I want us to be in one of the other ones.

Of course, sometimes you can have a better league campaign (no guarantee), but Iā€™d rather have European football than not.

Itā€™s just better for the club, team (a Liverpool team more often than not has a first team squad that needs games) and fans as well, to see some new/unusual places.

1 Like

Yeah when it looked like we might end up in it last season I wasnā€™t too bothered. It was better when we started to look like we may make the Europa League and then when we got into the CL somehow but yeah Iā€™m with you, a season without European football seems empty.

2 Likes

Our history, results and also culture in Europe is phenomenal.

That quote from Roy Evans on Liverpool and European football I think was spot on, thatā€™s it.

1 Like

Roma and Leicester are without any European trophies.

1 Like

Feyenoord vs. Marseille: 3-2 (damn, why didnā€™t they broadcast this game)
Leicester vs. Roma: 1-1

The state of this article from the Beeb. Fuck me, I wonder if Rodgers wrote it himself.

1 Like

I hope they win tonightā€¦Mourinho sulking like a Cnut would tip the midweek off

3 Likes

I love Roma. I have been following them (rather casually) for years now. But Mourinho is testing my patience.

1 Like

See Maureen doing his usual buttering up Rodgers and then taking advantage.

Typical Rodgers in Europe.

How many corners is that now Leicester have conceded? must be about 20.

Chelsea are experts at letting quality forwards leave, and signing :poop: to replace them. I am happy for Abraham, got screwed over by Chelsea.

Theyā€™re about to let a few top defenders leave, hereā€™s hoping they bring in the likes of Ben Mee and Michael Keane to replace them.

2 Likes

Maureen 1-0