UEFA Europa League 2020-21

Here are the latest draw results:

I don’t expect to see any updates to this thread until the new year- and even then they should only be to take the piss out of Manchester United/Manchester City/Chelsea for finishing third in their Champions League group.

1 Like

Kemar Roofe scores from his own half for Rangers. Great goal.

4 Likes

Gerrard’s reaction…?

Particularly great goal considering it came as the clearing play after a Liege player whiffed on an open goal. From tight 1-0 to done at 2-0 in about 10 seconds.

Not the best week to be a Celtic fan.

1 Like

Flashes of Suarez.

This just in. Joe Hart has made three saves.

1 Like

Female ref in the Leicester City match. She’s speedy, too. I think she’d beat most PL refs in a foot race.

Breaking news. Joe Hart has made a fourth save. Moments away from a clean sheet. Can it really happen?

Well, 2020 is the strangest year on record…

1 Like

My goodness, the joy. Oh, to be in the town square of Shrewsbury at this moment. Watch your back, Hugo.

1 Like

Stéphanie Frappart. She was the ref when we won the UEFA Super Cup against the chavs last season.

1 Like

Napoli losing to AZ is perhaps the biggest upsets of this year’s Europa League.

1 Like

Nah; that would be Manchester United not being in it.

Yet.

1 Like

and thanks again !

I always forget that the UEFA Europa League thread is the Creuyff Turn and not the Pitch-side, so not strange I can’t ever find it. For some reason, I automatically think Pitchside.

Molde won. Apparently even the best team, had more than 60 percent possession and most of the play. They seem to have found form now after a horrific start at the Norwegian season. They will win a silver medal I believe, but stand no chance at winning the league. Bodø-Glimt will do that, which is awesome since they don’t have money and have just built a very strong team out of nothing. They currently have 19 wins, 2 draws and a single loss, which resembles the dominance of Rosenborg in the 90s, except without Champions League money.
Also, they play excellent attacking football. They were unlucky this season in the Europa League though, got AC Milan in the Play Offs, almost beat them (!), but went out in the end. Molde have had easier opponents. Rapid Wien and such are decent teams, but Milan with Zlatan are much more dangerous.

Anyway, that was a bit OTT…

1 Like

Yeah, they did well beating Copenhagen (a team twice worth on the market than them) away (though through a very lucky own goal) to qualify for EL group stages. But that’s both a tasty and tough group with Napoli and Sociedad, they also had better teams/seasons before.

Good to see Stevie doing well in Europe.

1 Like

Nice win for Rangers.

I miss Otamendi, can still count on him for a stupid red. OH NO!
Equalizer as I typed!

2 Likes