UEFA Europa League 2020-21

Yellow submarine? :joy:

Leno beat on a REALLY long shot after a bad clearance. Beautiful shot. Down 0-1.

1 Like

Molde with a beautiful goal. 0-1 for now. I mean, if Arsenal don’t take them seriously they are not going to win. Norwegian football isn’t that bad these days. It is bad, but not that bad.

2 Likes

Also, Molde has a very good form trend. They are miles from the league leaders Bodø-Glimt, after a horrible start on the season, but their last 10-12 games have been pretty decent.
And in Europa, they have played quite okay so far.

So Arsenal better not think it is a walk in the park…

1 Like

Maybe with English pronunciation. Molde is not pronounced anything like that though.

Arsenal playing dangerous in defence. Even against Molde, if you keep doing that, sometimes you’ll get punished. Molde almost snapped the ball and got a shot on goal from a very dangerous position there. Arsenal needs to play better than this. Not that I mind, I hope Molde wins (I regard it as unlikely though).

Clear offside thankfully. Commentators focusing on good offensive play from Arsenal there, I focus on the brilliant offside trap that Arsenal just bungled into.

1 Like

3 Likes

Yupp. He is pretty new on the first team though. Comes from an athletic family. His aunt is Liv Grethe Skjellbreid, which is a very famous name if you are interested in winter sports.

Anyway, own goal. 1-1.

1 Like

Anyway, Molde have already 6 points so far in Europa. For them it isn’t a crisis at all to lose away to Arsenal (due to prior 6 points, this is just good training for them against good opposition), everyone expects it after all. As long as it is not 3-4 goal loss, it is quite acceptable.
It would have been different had they only had 3 or 4 points, then this game would have been much more critical.

Europa League definitely brings out the dogshit form in teams,they should rename it to the Europa Carabao League.

1 Like

Terrible recoil from Molde’s keeper, but Arsenal bungles the finish on what was then an open goal.

I wonder if Molde will get a couple of counter attacks this half. If so, then they are pretty good at that. I expect them to fold with enough pressure from Arsenal though.

And now it is going to get ugly.

So when Arsenal dives in the box, we really should check for a sniper in the stands?

2 Likes

Good one :slight_smile:

Braga creating chance after chance against depleted Leicester City. Leicester fortunate to be down only one goal at the half. The Braga manager looks and dresses like Brendan Rodgers. Very strange.

2 Likes

Roma, Arsenal, Slavia, Leverkusen, Rangers, Benfica, Granada, PSV, Leicester, Braga, Lille, Milan, Villarreal, Antwerp, Spurs, Zagreb, Hoffenheim and Red Star have qualified. Group F is still open with Napoli (10), Sociedad (8) & Alkmaar (8) still in contention.

2 Likes

Molde has done it. Strong result away to Rapid Wien. Rapid Wien needs 2 goals more now and only 1 min left in the game.
A real shame about Bodø-Glimt, who are light years better than Molde but who got an almost impossible group. Was only inches away from kicking out Italian leaders AC Milan, but it was only almost. Even so, Bodø-Glimt has done arguably better than Molde despite going out.

3 Likes

Just put spurs game on, it’s like a friendly.

1 Like