UEFA Europa League

Backa Topola where we belong!

I’ll get my coat…

4 game ban in addition to the club being fined 55k and will have no away fans for their next European game.

West Ham also given a supporter ban for their first Europa game. They’re on probation for two years; any more aggro and they’ll get another one match supporter ban.

What issue did they have? The only story I saw about them was responding to a small group of their fans in a family section getting a kicking from the other team’s fans.

1 Like

Throwing missiles in the final. Biraghi ended up bleeding from the back of his head.

The incident you mentioned was vs AZ in the semis.

Rubbing Hands Disagree GIF

Weird story about Osasuna’s involvement in next year’s conference

About 10 years ago a new president came in and found evidence of corruption from the outgoing president and senior members of that board. They reported this to the authorities and supported the investigation that resulted in prison sentences for several of the now former board.

This past year they finished 7th and qualified for the conference and have now been told by UEFA they will have to serve a 1 year ban for this decade old offense for which none of the guilty parties are still involved in the club, and which the club itself rooted out.

Typical UEFA :expressionless:

Meanwhile UEFA have Man City as their champions…

Quite obviously, you’re meant to incentivise corruption, not the exposure of it…

1 Like

Let that be a lesson to everyone….don’t rat out the individuals that fill UEFA’s brown bags.

2 Likes

Qualifying 3rd round for this started yesterday, but the bulk of the matches start tomorrow including good old Sheriff Tiraspol.

Zalgiris v BK Häcken
Qarabag v HJK
Zrnjski Mostar v Breiðablik
Sheriff Tiraspol v BATE Borisov
Astana v Ludogorets Razgrad
Olympiacos v Genk
Slavia Prague v Dnipro-1

Might try and catch a match tomorrow

Qarabag and Astana were in Champions League last season.

Cheering as crazy for Klaksvik. They have already achived a miracle, secured conference League. Now they can secure Europe League and a play off for Champions League. It is all ridiculous. Best football story I can remember in my lifetime.
Klaksvik players are amateurs, have full time jobs and their keeper played centre back in Norwegian 7th division last season…

It is absurd and amazing. Again, best football story i can think of. 75th minute now. Molde leads 1-0 8but Klaksvik won 1-0 at home).

Before this, they defeated Sweden’s champions Hacken and the Hungarian champions. It is beyond bizarre.

5 Likes

Up there with Leicester winning the league.

2 Likes

I agree that was amazing, but there is far less distance between the Premier league bottom and the Premier League champions imo. Or there should be. Klaksvik has 5000 people. The faeroes islands, around 50 000 all in all.
Note again that Klaksvik has the majority of their players working full time in the fishing industry.

2 Likes

Yeah; there was an article about them on the BBC website a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

This is Klaksvik. Not a place for European football. Hard to train there, everything is hard when it comes to elite sports in such a small place with such harsh nature. It rains almost every day.

4 Likes

Must be twinned with Manchester.

1 Like

83d min, still 1-1 ! :smiley: I usually root for the Norwegian teams, but not today ! Not against Klaksvik. The romantic saga is more important than that :wink:

Have to say, Molde pressing hard though. Lots of corners.
First 20 min was total Molde domination, but then after that, Klaksvik has been in the game. Pretty strange and very beautiful. Their victory over Hacken and Ferenvacos no blipp. This is just fun.