UEFA Europa League

If Klaksvik advance, they will, lol, face a really, really big team in the Play Off. Galatasaray. Must be quite an adventure if so! :smiley: :rofl:

Time is up, now it is Extra Time.

Klaksvik’s entire club budget is 0.67 Mil pounds btw :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/KI_Klaksvik/status/1691522853911334912

2 Likes

First extra half over. Still no more goals.

A stream in some language : Arena Sport 1 HD Live Stream – WorldSports

Nooo, Molde scored :frowning:

5 min left for a miracle.

Sadness. Molde won and will face off against Galatasaray and Klaksvik will play Conference League (which is still amazing, if less prestigious than Europa Leage and of course, Champions League).

The saga will continue in the Conference League thread on another date.

6 Likes

Just wondering if we are going to do a dedication Europa League thread for this season since we are in it.

The draw is on Friday.

1 Like

The game to watch !

Can they do it ? Achieve qualifications to the Europa League and not just Conference League ? I doubt it, but would be a fairy tale story if so !

Also of course watching Bodø/Glimt results in Conference, but Klaksvik is in any case the big story and I think Glimt will advance in any case.

Klaksvik makes football come alive again for me. The romantic bit about football that is. I have had a downer lately, still struggle a bit coping with the Saudi adventure for so many Liverpool profiles, it’s just such a problematic ethical disappointment for me that I can’t easilly shake off. It will fade of course, and I root madly for Liverpool on match days but it was and is soul crushing tbh. Doesn’t feel good at the moment, many players and the club so disappointing, although it will pass eventually; so romantic stories like Klaksvik kindles a flame in me that doesn’t leave an ashen taste.

2 Likes

Maybe we should.

I’m not setting it up mind I get enough replies on that Italian football thread I set up to keep my notifications busy.

2 Likes

I know what you mean. I set up a cars and driving thread because a couple of others went off topic and my alerts went bonkers for a few days.

It’s probably worth waiting until Friday when we at least know the pots for the draw.

2 Likes

Get the league cup draw tonight.

:joy:

2 Likes

Each thread can have 10000 posts. This one has less than 1000. We will have matchday threads in any case.

1 Like

When we win this it will have a 1,000,000 posts

1 Like

Pot 1: Liverpool, West Ham, Roma, Villarreal, Bayer Leverkusen, Atalanta, Ajax, Rangers

Pot 2: Sporting CP, Slavia Prague, Rennes, Olympiakos, Real Betis, Marseille, Qarabag, LASK

Pot 3: Brighton, Sheriff Tiraspol, Union Saint-Gilloise, SC Freiburg, Sparta Prague, Maccabi Haifa, Sturm Graz, Molde

Pot 4: Toulouse, AEK Athens, TSC, Servette, Panathinaikos, Rakow Czestochowa, Limassol, BK Hacken

1 Like

Avoiding Qarabag and Maccabi Haifa is my wish.

Any 3 of those fuckers can get it, give us 3 from pot 1. They’re getting smashed to bits.

1 Like

Couple of decent teams in pot 2 but regardless the issue will be travel if any.

Don’t we have to beat a Portuguese team to win the trophy or make a final :joy:

BC Hacken(I live close by) and Union Saint Gilleoise (I lived close by) please!

2 Likes

Ajax and Leverkusen would have been the only ones near me and we can’t draw them. TBH, I don’t mind. There are loads of teams that we have never played before so we are guaranteed something different.

2 Likes

I want a strong group with teams we haven’t played for a long time (or never).

Pot 2
Betis, Marseille, Rennes

Pot 3
Freiburg

Pot 4
Toulouse or one of the Greek sides.

2 Likes

Brighton are going to be a nasty surprise for someone.

4 Likes