UEFA Europa League

Brighton , Sporting are both going to be unpleasant opponents. We don’t get Brighton anyway , so that’s besides the point.
Just hope we get teams closer to England rather than any Eastern European teams where the travel time becomes a problem.

One French Team , One Spanish Team and One Greek team would be fine.

Real Betis or Marseille
Union Saint-Gilloise or SC Freiburg
Toulouse or Servette

Why?

2 Likes

Exactly. we want a relatively easy group, so that we can wrap it up early and then (hopefully) play youngsters to give them some experience.

2 Likes

LASK, Union and Servette would be nice.

When did easy peasy worked out for us?

We are the biggest club in that competition and playing the weakest sides won’t be a good preparation for the K.O. stages because opponents (teams from CL will join too) will be much stronger.

4 Likes

I’d like a nice balance between easiest opposition and least travel distance.

We’ll have brought in four midfield players and if these group games are ‘comfortable’ they could be useful for settling in players, experimenting with different combos, etc.

It would be nice to have that luxury.

4 Likes

I’ve just notices that the draw is at 13:00 CET (12:00BST).

This thing will take hours, won’t it. It’s POETS day. I’ll catch up with it later.

2 Likes

Should know about 5pm

1 Like

Ideally we avoid travelling big distances.

A couple of the more historic and challenging teams would be nice in the group. Don’t think there is any “group of death” type situation here - we should be making the knock outs regardless, I’d rather go to Anfield and watch us face quality opposition, and agree with @GermanRed - better prep playing better teams.

1 Like

Tomorrow right?

I’ll check the official later on the weekend to be on the safe side

If we get 1 of Marseille or Rennes, then we can’t get Toulouse as they are all French, so barred from being drawn against each other in the group stage.

Anyway, we have just been drawn in Group E

The first on we got is Linz from pot 2

1 Like

Group E
Liverpool
LASK
Union St-Gilloise
Toulouse

2 Likes

the second one is Union Sint-Gillis

Decent group so far… managed to avoid the long trips

It`s LASK (Austria)

1 Like

Rangers in with Slavia Prague and Betis. Looking like the group of death forming right there

Nice.

LASK
USG
Toulouse

5 Likes