UEFA Europa League

https://twitter.com/UnionStGilloise/status/1697586608835379395

2 Likes

Love this tweet from Union Saint-Gilloise. The team (and Kevin Mac Allister) finding out they’ve drawn us.

https://twitter.com/UnionStGilloise/status/1697586608835379395

3 Likes

Yeah.

Voronin scored a belter in France and then we beat them 4-0 at Anfield.

There was Everton’s anthem played at Anfield in the honour of Rhys Jones.

5 Likes

Was wondering myself. Seem two guys in their 30s suited up. Never seen them before

1 Like

Never heard from LASK and USG before… don’t even know in which countries they play. :rofl:

Toulouse is a bit more serious. Surely the favourites for second spot. Can’t see anything else but us winning this group.

LASK Linz - Austria

USG is Belgium.

The latter is relatively new to the top division for the period I’ve followed but they may have history I am unaware of.

None of the teams to my knowledge pose a massive risk.

Should be a straight forward group even with a heavily rotated side. I don’t think any of them are pushovers and Belgian sides have improved a lot recently. Honestly I think Toulouse might be the shock elimination.

3 Likes

Makes me feel like it’s such a massive pity Bradley is injured. This could have been a great time for him (and therefore for resting Alexander-Arnold)…

Unless I’m missing something 13th placed Toulouse beat 16th placed Nantes in the French Cup final to qualify for this.

If they’re the best of the other three, we shouldn’t have a lot to worry about

Say Word Reaction GIF by Justin

1 Like

They are the club that Brighton’s Tony Bloom is involved with.

Still have that game on a VHS tape, it was on Eurosport.

:joy:

1 Like

Easy as piss.

3-4 first teamers mixed with fringe/youth players.

Top the group, 18 points. About 50 goals scored (49 by Nunez, fill ya boots son, why not) and none conceded. Rock on.

Some group Brighton have, yikes.

Brighton are comfortably the best team in that group.

1 Like

Id say they were not sure without Maca and Caciedo.

Very happy with that group. I’d forgotten that we had played Toulouse but not for a long while.

I have to work out how to watch it all in Germany now. Is every match on RTL+?

Euro League is on RTL Nitro.

1 Like

I was just playing tennis with a friend who moved to Linz last year and I was saying how we might draw them. Might go to Linz or Brussels, date permitting.

1 Like

I think we get that on the Magenta box but it’s presumably not every game.

they part of the Redbird Capital group?

I don’t believe in coincidences. going to put a tasty bet on an upset win at Toulouse for the home team

2 Likes