UEFA Europa League

Are they?

They are majority owners, and are invested directly in the club rather than any parent company that owns it, the way they are with FSG and indirectly us.

https://twitter.com/UnionStGilloise/status/1697586608835379395

Bro, this has been posted more than the phrase “press resistant” has been used. Cool though.

I cheered all three teams when they came out.

Glory supporters.

Group A: West Ham, Olympiacos, Freiburg, TSC Backa Topola
Group B: Ajax, Marseille, Brighton, AEK Athens
Group C: Rangers, Real Betis, Sparta Prague, Aris Limassol
Group D: Atalanta, Sporting Lisbon, Sturm Graz, Rakow
Group E: Liverpool, LASK, Union St-Gilloise, Toulouse
Group F: Villarreal, Rennes, Maccabi Haifa, Panathinaikos
Group G: Roma, Slavia Prague, Sheriff Tiraspol, Servette
Group H: Bayer Leverkusen, Qarabag, Molde, BK Hacken

1 Like

Ajax amd Marseille would be shitting bricks right now.

USG’s matricule is 10, so I guess they’ve been around a while.

I don’t know if anyone mentioned, but Alexis’ brother Kevin signed for them this summer.

2 Likes

Linzer Athletik-Sport-Klub, commonly known as Linzer ASK or simply LASK isn’t a decorated club even by Austrian standards. They finished fourth in 2020-21, eighth in 2021-22, and third in 2022-23. presently, they are fifth after five games.

Royale Union Saint-Gilloise, abbreviated to Union SG, USG or Union were second in 2021-22, third in 2022-23, and are presently fifth after four games. Last season, they got knocked out by Rangers in the third qualification round of CL and went on to become a quarter-finalists in the Europa League.

Toulouse Football Club got promoted in 2022-23 and finished 13 in the season. They qualified for the Europa League by winning the Coupe de France beating Nantes 5-1.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/bbcmerseysport/status/1697916024148922654

3 Likes

Hate these crappy 17:45 kick offs.

1 Like

I think we have a fabulous group. Not far to travel for our away supporters. Also, i was looking at the other teams in the orher groups, the clubs are not too far away to travel.

Liverpool to Qarabag is 4,000 Kms or so.

Not back from the pub jet :innocent:

The pub jet would be a dangerous form of transport.

Don’t mind, finish work at 5pm ready for the game.

If any of our home ties as 17.45 it makes it a challenge to get to Anfield. Thankully theyre all 8pm ones.

1 Like

That’s why I’m not too bothered.

They are all away which means we can get back earlier as well.

Oh, that is abit of a trek, hopefully we can avoid them.

1 Like

So, I was looking at the CL groups, and assuming (which is probably not a good idea) that all the favourites progress from their groups, everyone else who is likely to drop into the Europa (aside from possibly Newcastle’s group) shouldn’t be a problem.

We should be favourites for this and I expect us to win it quite frankly!!!

2 Likes