UEFA Europa League

Come on Feye, knock these out.

Milan Lisbon or Benfica tomorrow please.

Fine save at the end of ET by the Feye keeper, to pens we go.

Lukaku :rofl:

Three years running Feyenoord have lost to Roma in Europe.

1 Like

I’ll take Marseille next (hoping for Milan in the final).

Been a while since we played them, atmosphere is great and a nice revenge for 03/04.

:slight_smile:

Glad that Prague knocked Gala out was the other place I didn’t want to travel too.

3 Likes

Are you actually going to the away legs?

I just assumed @GermanRed picked those two opponents as his preferred for a reason.:man_shrugging:

Think Prague and Freiburg are the ‘weakest’ two in combination with travel distance not being too bad.

3 Likes

Sparta Prague vs Liverpool
Marseille vs Villarreal
AS Roma vs Brighton
Benfica vs Rangers
Freiburg vs West Ham
Sporting vs Atalanta
Milan vs Slavia Prague
Qarabag vs Leverkusen

5 Likes

Wow that was quick. I’m happy with Sparta Prague. It’s a pity that it wasn’t Dukla Prague, we might have got to see their away kit.

2 Likes

Happy with that draw.

Wanted to avoid anything massively tough or travel hard.

4 Likes

Expect Xabi will progress

2 Likes

Yeah I think we would. I just wouldn’t like that journey pre Man City. Klopp could even rotate especially if we beat Soton on Wednesday.

Anyhow trust whatever Klopp does.

Played against each other in the group stage already. :man_facepalming:t2:

I thought they rang a bell :joy:

Decent draw all round really, can’t complain with that.

Scenes when the last 8 are confirmed to be Liverpool, Villarreal, Roma, Rangers, Freiberg, Atalanta, Slavia and Qarabag.

2 Likes

Think these Czech sides are often better than they get credit for. Away game will be tough.

7 Likes

They are to respected they’ve got this far but at this moment in time the club will be happier with that travel and club.

1 Like

Last time we played Sparta under Kenny in 2011, actually all 4 knockout games against Sparta and then Braga, dear me, that was literally the most non-creative Liverpool side/period I’ve ever seen.

Horrible, horrible performances. We couldn’t create a proper chance and all we had was playing it long to Carroll. What a sad time.

Had a look, that season we scored 16 goals in 14 European games (obviously the qualifiers and group stage was under Roy).

1 Like

The first leg at Stadion Letna is scheduled to kick off at 5.45pm GMT on Thursday March 7, with the second leg at Anfield set for an 8pm kick-off on Thursday March 14.

1 Like

Thank you for reminding me. I vaguely recall Carroll and Spearing not being able to do a thing.