UEFA Europa League

Oh fuck, tonight is the final.

Just getting into the mood to watch the match by watching an episode of Love/Hate.

Dublin seems like such a friendly city!

2 Likes

Peak Europa League having John O’Shea bring out the trophy

1 Like

We’d be playing tonight if SOS did not force us to play Atalanta away twice.

3 Likes

A bit of a nervous start by Leverkusen

1-0 Atalanta

Setting the scene for the usual switcheroo?

1 Like

Not so sure. This Atalanta team is really relentless.

1 Like

Should have been cleared,palacios asleep as the ball broke

It’s really nice to see a proper match of football, a final between two good teams who rarely meet each other, in a beautiful little stadium.

Atalanta have had the better start, but will they be able to maintain their frantic high pressing? I doubt it. There will be difficult moments for them physically, and that’s when Leverkusen will have to take make the difference.

3 Likes

2-0
Lookman again.

1 Like

He took that well

Xabi’s shit, Slot all the way.

8 Likes

Nightmare start for Palacios.

Happy enough with either team winning this, though.

Beautiful goal. Atalanta making the most of their early domination. A bit like at Anfield. Leverkusen have a mountain to climb now.

1 Like

His 40 Everton appearances made him into the player he is today. This trophy will be going on their wall for their contribution

7 Likes

If any team can do it, it’s this lot but as you say Atalanta did this against us.

1 Like

I know it’s not huge but it holds 50k.Until recently Anfield wasn’t much more

2 Likes

The problem is that every goal gives them more energy to continue their relentless pressing for the time being. Xabi would probably have wanted to reach half-time with the score at nil-nil, and then progressively turning the screw on them. Now, the situation is totally different. Leverkusen will have to go gung-ho at some point, and that will open them up for Atalanta’s quick counters.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean to be disrespectful towards that stadium. I love it. :+1:

2 Likes