UEFA Europa League

United only draw 1-1 at home to FC Twente.

Bwahahahahahaha.

10 Likes

My celebration is mostly just reading about their game in the newspaper and nodding “nice” tbh :smiley: I watched more than a bit of our game, but nothing of Bodø’s.

4 Likes

Ten Hag will be gone before 10 league games I fear. But I have faith in them bringing in someone just as competant.

3 Likes

7 Likes

I think Ten Haag is actually very competent. That doesn’t mean that he will be able to make United better though. Its not just competency, a lot of things needs to click. They have a difficult player group and mileu for any incomming manager. I think if they sack Ten Haag, chances are higher for the same trajectory than a true positive revival even if they get the most tactically skilled coach on the planet. I think they need a mix of someone extraordinary charismatic and skilled, and I think charisma, leadership abillity and thus ability to make all the players (and the club) swim syncronised, is probably more important than being the best tactician in the world.
Very many managers and coaches outside England are extraordinary good tactical nerds with an amazing degree of knowledge about football, but I don’t think that’s enough to turn around United.
Klopp didn’t turn us around with advanced tactics really. Often it hasn’t been very advanced. It was idea, identity, belief, leadership and ability to syncronise our players, some of whom were far from considered stars. But he and his coaches made them play at their peak ability and as s cohesive unit. That’s very difficult and probably even more so at such club like United, which is polluted by layers of negativity.

3 Likes

Just looking through tonight’s fixtures. FCSB v RFS sounds like a bunch of bankers playing a team of accountants.

3 Likes

Dragusin sent off after 7mins :rofl:

Juninho looks a real danger man for the carrier bags.

FCSB is actually a branch of the old Steaua Bucuresti, winners of the European Cup in 1986.

No idea who RFS is though.

2 Likes

Calling them a branch certainly does nothing to make them sound less like bankers.

7 Likes

If you can get the Ajax match, put an eye on Jorrel Hato. Just 18 years old, and one of the brightest young footballers in Netherlands. Playing LB for Ajax, but has the body and pedigree to play CB also. Many think CB is where he will eventually star. Quite the prospect, even if he does come from the fucking Ajax system.

Qarabag :rofl: :rofl:

Highlights alone would be worth a watch for anyone, somehow they’re 2 down…they should be 4-2 up. Missed a pen, missed a sitter from 6 yards, messed up a 2v1 and the 1 was Vicario and now have hit the post.

1 Like

Who is the Twente defender who blitzed past nearly the entire Man U team? Blazing speed!

Scottish bank. Actually owned us for a while.

2 Likes

Don’t you mean RBS?

3 Likes

Very sad, not sure why this game even matters mind. Just declare it null and void as those lads won’t be in the right frame of mind.

Like the UEFA nations League matters, kind of even more gruelling considering if he wasn’t injured he would be with the Greek team.

4 Likes