UEFA Nations League

Sorloth and Haaland up top? Wonder how that looked like.

Waiting for norwegian wood to register!

1 Like

Trent and Gomez both starting for England tonight, away to Denmark.

2 Likes

Here we go, Ronaldo’s 100th goal for Portugal and it’s a peach of a free kick.

But what’s that, his 5th goal from free kicks in his last 150 attempts? :joy:

5 Likes

I am always amused the hype around his free kicks. When he started off at United, he had this technique of dipping the ball with a powerful shot which I think even Drogba used later.

But in the past decade, it usually hits the wall and even if he manages to get over it, it rarely goes in. The conversion rate is definitely much lower than some of the great free kick takers that have been around.

1 Like

It’s really Juninho Pernambucano’s technique. Apologies if there was someone who regularly did it before him, at the top level at least.

Everything after that are just versions of his stuff. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Is it just me or the quality of football is really average?

1 Like

I found a trick that helps me better enjoy the quality of international football. Here it is. Don’t watch England.

2 Likes

Generally, I don’t. Today I tried Croatia vs. France. Wasn’t bad, but nothing worth staying up around 2AM.

I see that England plays 3 internationals in 6 days. How many injuries die the FA wants? Fucking idiots.

1 Like

Yeah, I think most, if not all countries do. It’s why they’ve allowed bigger squads this time.

Have I ever mentioned that I hate internationals? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

When I was a kid I used to be proud and excited when our players got called up. Now I just fucking cringe and pray that nobody gets hurt. England could permanently withdraw from international football and I wouldn’t give a flier.

3 Likes

The expansion of the international tournaments have made football pretty pointless.

1 Like

World Cup
 a nice summer diversion until the Prem resumes. Bring it on.
Euros
 a nice summer diversion until the Prem resumes. Bring it on.

Nations league? Bunch of balls.
Friendlies? Bunch of space hopper balls.

It might invite some sort of reckoning. Too many vested interests all wanting games, because they all want $$$.

Ya, this tournament is not needed, but I’d rather scrap the Carabao Cup if we’re going to start somewhere.

Idiot de Boer played van Dijk 45 minutes and Wijnaldum 65 minutes today in a meaningless fucking friendly. There was absolutely no reason to play them since he a 25 man squad for these 2 weeks.

Of course, he will play them the whole match next Sunday and Wednesday for the qualification Nations League against Bosnia and Italy both away.

Cunt. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

De Boer did what I’m sure he thought was good for the Netherlands and also himself. It’s why there needs to be some sort of reckoning. There’s too much football and too many competing interests, and they all need to come together and find a better solution.

2 Likes

Open look at goal inside the box, Babel horrific miss wide in 90th minute that would have sealed the match v Bosnia Herzegovina :bosnia_herzegovina:

Jota on for the final 30 minutes.