UEFA Nations League

As soft a penalty as you’ll see. Modric throws himself down like he’s shot.

Yes but Gakpo put his hands on him after he was dispossessed inside the box. Naive to say the least.

Same tug 10 minutes later not given to Dutch with guy possibly through. Can’t call one way and not the other.

I’d say they wanted to go on holiday but then there is a 3/4 place playoff :joy:

1 Like

4th medal in the pocket.

:croatia: :tada:

1 Like

Simon, Navas, Le Normand, Laporte, Alba, Rodri, Merino, Rodrigo, Gavi, Pino, Morata

Donnarumma, Toloi, Bonucci, Acerbi, Di Lorenzo, Barella, Jorginho, Frattesi, Spinazzola, Zaniolo, Immobile

That does show a good linesman there you kind of feel for the world it’s off.

Gakpo and Virgil starting for the Netherlands today, against Italy. Its the third place playoff.

Some horrible defending by Netherlands so far in this tournament.

1 Like

I was going to ask this in the VVD thread. I didn’t see the whole match, but for the highlights it seemed VVD was poor.

1 Like

Not so much only Dijk, but Dumfries and Geertruida also.

1 Like

He has been poor by his standards but no worse than anyone else at the back. He inexplicably took two steps in the wrong direction, where there was no one from either team, opening just enough space for Petkovic to squeeze the ball through for Croatia’s third goal, for instance; and the Dutch defence has been a disorganized mess both against Croatia and now against Italy, which is also partly his responsibility.

It’s starting to look like his best days are firmly behind him.

Nice goal by Bergwijn for the Dutch only for Chiesa to score minutes later after van Dijk just stood and watched him finish nicely at the opposite corner.

1 Like

Dimarco also defending like he’s… Dutch. Hands behind his back in almost all defensive 1v1 actions in the CL final. Falling on his a*se today. Criminal.

1 Like

He was poor but looked very nervous with what he had on either side of him but the Chiesa goal was definitely his fault he gave him so much space I knew it was going to be a goal.
I hope we are still interested in Chiesa

Yeah, he was weak in that action.

Off to city centre to watch the final, go Croatia, let’s get gold to cap off a very good generation!
:3rd_place_medal: :2nd_place_medal: :3rd_place_medal: :1st_place_medal:

:crossed_fingers:t4:

Dirk Kuyt is in the studio for Channel 4 tonight, by the way.

Pity he’s with Emma “can’t pronounce Modrić properly” Hayes.

I really can’t see why anyone would care about a 3rd place UEFA playoff especially after a season that started last July.

I think I’d put the bare amount of effort in.

Virgil coming in for more criticism after todays game, he should quit international football and concentrate on Liverpool. By the way the Dutch manager needs to go.

2 Likes

He’ll be 32 next month. It has to be considered, at least, that his best days may be behind him.

2 Likes