UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

I’m not sure Boris would have been the one having the conversation, so would have deniability.

I think IDS may have made similar comments a day or two ago.

1 Like

Entirely possible but he would have certainly been informed; well you’d hope he would have been. He blabbed on about it parliament as part of the apology for parties that never really happened speech.

Could this be true?

1 Like
1 Like

I’m gobsmacked Priti managed a positive score.

1 Like

I didn’t get past Raab.

To see Liz Truss leading the way followed by the bloke who doesn’t read the deal he signed and then the record holder form most deleted Tweets by the time I got to Raab I was really floundering.

season 3 episode 13 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

1 Like

Notice how Feeeman and Tugendhat are not even mentioned? Truss the highest scorer?

kill me now barney stinson GIF

1 Like

Tell me more…

1 Like

never seen a woman with feet as big as that…!
She is not going to fall over in a strong wind is she…

Poor Nadine can’t catch a break on social media can she? :rofl:
Brexit hard man Steve Baker strikes.

1 Like

Season 1 GIF by The Simpsons

1 Like

Morning Show GIF by Apple TV

The correct response to most sentences that begin with the words ‘Liz’ and ‘Truss’.

1 Like

In the UK, a suit is the new mask:

I find all of this stunning malpractice and find it absurd that the government has not fallen over this. It seems obvious that the Cons should reshuffle their government, remove Borris and friends or call for new elections. That is what would have happened in a well functioning democracy, because this is a serious matter. Infinitely more serious than the extramarital affair of last year for instance. That was complete peanuts compared to this. How is it that the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom can lie, bend and break rules, and get away with it repeatedly? It could never have happened in Scandinavia. UK democracy is not functioning well these days imo.

3 Likes

The only reason Bojo is still there is because no-one else wants to touch the job at the moment

But such matters must have consequences ! It erodes public trust in the democratic institutions and public trust is vital in any democracy. I just don’t get how the Cons thinks this can “just go on”. It has consequences, and the more such stories there are without any reaction, the worse the long term consequences. This is serious democratic malpractice by the Cons, they knowingly erode the social fabric of the United Kingdom, which is something conservatives are supposed to “conserve” and protect if they followed their own ideology :confused:

The only reason I can think of as to why people aren’t really gunning for them over this is that Labour may have their own skeletons in the closet…? Seems possible.

I would say that not all of these ‘revelations’ would actually amount to a hill of beans (such as the photo of them on the patio outside and the Cabinet Secretary’s office zoom quiz). There’s a danger that it all feels a bit diluted. Concentrate on the apparent party in No.10 on 17/18 December (forget which) and the Tory Party HQ one…and any others where there was more than just a lame Christmas quiz or whatever.

Labour still have a vision issue IMO. Not enough people know what they would offer or even who Starmer is. But yeah they may have some internal issues of their own. They seem to be quite happy to fight over everything.

I’d like to think that Starmer is still playing the long game, waiting for the Tory’s to basically self destruct which would include the weeding out of the likes of Brexit hard man Steve Baker and his cohorts. Them voting against Johnson on this is one way of that happening, if people pay attention that is. I’d like to think that way but I’m far from convinced.

I think the key thing about the garden thing is that Boris is there and therefore by extension is fully aware of all the other so called parties. It’s basically highlighting what we already know about him and his truthfulness. I don’t think it’s fair to say it’s a hill of beans thing when on that very day people were dying alone, or families in restricted groups were attending funerals.

1 Like