UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

Undoubtedly that’s what has happened in several instances but I’m not sure that’s a fair characterisation of this particular one.

Was she in attendance?

No…but we know Simon as our kids are in the same year at school together. The Mums have a WhatsApp group so I suspect it was mentioned there.

2 Likes

Dick Wolf Fbi GIF by CBS

PFFT. that’s peanuts

Renovations to Harrington Lake are not nearly as problematic as Johnson simply staying on in a residence he had not entitlement to. The NCC are morons, repeatedly allowing these properties to decay terribly to avoid the embarrassment of spending on them. Sussex Drive is a disaster. Prime Ministers need official residences, even douchey ones who wear stupid socks.

That said, they have to stop thinking they will get away with it if they do it quietly. It is both stupid and dishonest.

1 Like

that’s my point. the rest is obvious. But do they really need a fucking building that needs a $20mil reno? you can tear it down and build a new one for half that fucking amount!

Example…these houses were built for $6mil each. same owner. one for his parents and one for himself/wife/kids

I guess he’s still allowed to use that residence. The one above he wasn’t and was actually squatting. Yet again I dont think the police acted.

If I read the Boris Johnson squatting thing correctly, he stayed in a government residence for three weeks after losing his government job?

He’s a cock, and will soon be gone whenever the Tories decide he is hurting them too much. There’s a lot to come after him for, but unless I have my lines cross, this one doesn’t seem that much of a big deal.

Leave job. Make arrangements for new place to live. Move. If it takes a three week period, I’m not overly fussed.

Obviously if I have it all wrong in the details, I stand corrected. But this one shouldn’t be anywhere near the top of his rap sheet.

1 Like

In the grand scheme it isn’t but from memory he had to be pushed. He was going no where. My point is that he’ll need to be pushed now as well. He wont resign and will not be any hurry to move out of No. 11.

3 Likes

Well that investigation lasted.

1 Like

He stepped down, wasn’t sacked. But I think he should have known from the off that he wasn’t the appropriate person to lead the investigation.

1 Like

Not great either way. Of course Boris doesn’t sack anyone :wink:

What a mess, but entirely predictable with Boris at the wheel.

1 Like

is it possible he made that case when first asked to lead this investigation but was still tasked with it?

Yes. I don’t know him well but I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t raising it early on.

1 Like

Crikey, if that scenario came out, Boris would be roasted.

I don’t say this to excuse the events but there must be a concern that so much of these are a) being recorded and b) being leaked.

Again, not excusing what they evidence, but it really points to a very insecure environment for protecting even more sensitive information (from a national security perspective).

1 Like

Seems others have a similar concern

1 Like