UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

Government of the UK:

The Office Party Hard GIF

Whilst the following day the Queen mourned the loss of her husband alone.

Everyone involved can get fucked.

1 Like

Yeah suppose your right that MPs can have donations of Ā£500k ,the fact it came from a Chinese spy is irrelevant, but if it was disclosed that a Tory had a Ā£500k donation off anyone I wonder what your tune would be ?

My point being though is that they should not be recieving anything other than their pay, but thatā€™s obviously just wishful thinking no doubt

On the surface, it looks like they have done things by the book, but if you dig a bit deeper, her son volunteered for him and was also employed directly by him as well.

This is something that has serious legs.

Youā€™re welcome to report stuff here as well you know? Might work better than screaming bias from the roof top every minute.

If itā€™s dodgy then I hope they get everything coming to them.

1 Like

Worth noting, for balance, that May gave her an award a few years ago.

Also, it may not be the same individual but thereā€™s someone of exactly the same name on the roll of Solicitors (admitted in 2002).

Also some links to David Cameron , the fact that someone got close to two former PMā€™s would have meant that at some level they would have been vetted , the fact that MI5 reported that he can keep the money ā€œto pay staffā€ is a strange one.

The conspiracy theorist in me now thinks heā€™s MI5ā€™s bitch

I donā€™t like it and I would prefer that MP were just not allowed to accept cash. Personally, I would suspend any MP from the Labour Party accepting donations like this.

1 Like

Agreed, just re-read a post I made up a bit about the next election, and mentioned a bit about certain scandals breaking in regards to Labour, seems the press are getting ready for the next election .

And within a week the party at downing Street will be forgottenā€¦ Absolute shambles how things in this country are run, but asking for honesty in government seems like you are asking for the impossible.

I just despair at how politicians can treat the populace with contempt the way they do.

2 Likes

Oh look links to Tories. Perhaps theyā€™re a Tory spy in the Labour party?

Just for balance because we donā€™t want to give the impression of being too right wing

This I can and wholly agree with

100%. I think itā€™s a scandal how much of a hard time Labour politicians are given in here compared to the free ride for the Tories :wink:

Absolutely. I mean the Labour leader buying land for donkeys is just horrendous.

Theyā€™re probably not even British donkeys. We already have too many donkeys. Thereā€™s that donkey farm in Old Trafford for starters.

2 Likes

I think she might give Borris a call. I certainly would.

Itā€™s interesting that one of the events from this evening was a farewell do for James Slack who was leaving to become The SšŸ¤®nā€™s deputy political editor. So The SšŸ¤®n would, therefore, be deemed to be aware of this and yet it took 9 months and The Telegraph to reveal it.

Quite apart from working for The SšŸ¤®n, Slack should probably resign if heā€™s so compromised that he canā€™t discharge his duties as a journalist.

1 Like

Given his current employers, I think heā€™s safe.

Iā€™m not so sure.

I see that it actually got there in November 2021. It might have dropped again following the restrictions introduced in December.

1 Like

Probably a question Kopstar may be able to answer, given that randy Andy has been stripped of his titles (Duke ) etc does that also mean that his parasitic kids lose titles as well or is it just him?

I assume this would largely be down to Christmas shopping/partying (no lockdowns) and that itā€™s back down again.