UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

I was telling my French son in law about that and he had never heard about it :nauseated_face: :thinking:

1 Like

That doesn’t surprise me it was brushed under the carpet here, a case of hear nothing, see nothing, say nothing. :see_no_evil:

I’m not sure that’s the case here or in all constituencies to be honest. There’s a raft of MP’s out there that if you were really voting for them you’d have to give your head a wobble, but they exist in solid seats or those seats were won on the back of a 3 word slogan.

If the cat did the crime, it should do the time.

I am surprised that Johnson lasted as long as he did. My expectations was for him to be the fall guy for Brexit when the public realised the milk and honey was a lie.

He was never a politician he was a celebrity, someone that used his persona for career advancement. He craved power for the sake of power. He didn’t become MP to make the world a better place it was simply a means to an end.

I am hopeful that his departure leads to a demise of populism. I still expect lots of gaslighting (it’s become the norm) but a lack of charisma within the party will make it more difficult.

2 Likes

Has he gone?!

We’re not there yet, not 100% anyway and I’m not sure we ever will be. Covid has been a perfect smoke screen but there’s also a load of people that simply won’t admit that it was a clusterfuck from the start.

Not that I’m aware of. I think ISMF1 is jumping the gun a bit.

1 Like

Probably gunning for the job…

God. Can you imagine? He’d be reinstalling the country every week and none of us would have a clue how it works!

3 Likes

So, not much different then? Get TAN done, look, it comes in black and gold now…whether you want it or not!

1 Like

This peek behind the TAN curtain is quite interesting.

Happy to see we’re in…umm…safe?..hands…

Peeking behind the TAN curtain sounds like a code word for the VIP room at a swinger’s club.

1 Like

When I joined in on that off-topic conversation nobody told me it was off-topic. I assumed everyone was talking about the right things in the appropriate place.

That sort of shite usually would lead to getting kicked out.

I miss @ubermick and his ban-hammer

1 Like

To summon him all you need to do is whip out a few puns.

What’s your poison? Fish? Cheese?

Let’s go with food. I say that because I met a bloke last week who swore black and blue he doesn’t like pizza!!! Of all things…pizza!! Fucking weirdough.

3 Likes

1 Like
2 Likes